Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Oh, Nuts... Addicted to O6! page 4

  1. #31
    Eleshar's Avatar
    Eleshar is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    I used to bloat from almond butter---and had to cut it out too! i could snack on dark chocolate without issues, but dark chocolate with almond butter slathered on would make my belly bloat. (although just typing that makes me want that combo!)
    Re bloating. I see MissJecka also mentioned it. I have the same problem and can't figure out what's causing it. I have two handfuls of mixed nuts and seeds a day round abouts 10 am, yet I sorta feel bloated after every major meal, not only from having nuts. Any advice on that would be appreciated.

  2. #32
    MissJecka's Avatar
    MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleshar View Post
    Re bloating. I see MissJecka also mentioned it. I have the same problem and can't figure out what's causing it. I have two handfuls of mixed nuts and seeds a day round abouts 10 am, yet I sorta feel bloated after every major meal, not only from having nuts. Any advice on that would be appreciated.
    That's pretty much how it is for me, too. It's not just after eating the nuts: it's after every meal that I get a crazy preggo belly. Maybe I should start a new thread about this...
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

    >> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

    Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

  3. #33
    solstice's Avatar
    solstice is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Posts
    471
    do you take any probiotics? Maybe you also have some hidden allergies...I have a boatload!

  4. #34
    MissJecka's Avatar
    MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    651
    I just started drinking plain kefir once a day - I mix 1/2 cup of kefir with 1/4 cup of coconut milk (canned) + a bit of water... and sometimes a dash of cinnamon because I love love love cinnamon (even more than nuts, I think!).

    I recently started a new job so now that I have health insurance again, I plan to get a full physical at a doctor, including blood work. I want to ask them to do an allergy screening on me, too. Do all doctors do this?
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

    >> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

    Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

  5. #35
    Eleshar's Avatar
    Eleshar is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    That's pretty much how it is for me, too. It's not just after eating the nuts: it's after every meal that I get a crazy preggo belly. Maybe I should start a new thread about this...
    I think you should

    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    do you take any probiotics? Maybe you also have some hidden allergies...I have a boatload!
    No, nothing of the sort. Maybe I should also schedule an appointment with the doctor. My crazy guy preggo belly has gone on for years. Would I schedule this with a normal GP or some specialist? A dietician maybe?

  6. #36
    Knifegill's Avatar
    Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,740
    I'm also a nut addict. Part of my breaking my last plateau was cutting out daily nut and dairy foods. Nowadays I eat a solid handful or two of whatever nut I want - once a week on grocery day! I usually just get hazelnuts since they're cheap and closer to optimal than many other nuts. But I just discovered "sprouted" almonds at my Co-op and have had those the past few weeks.

    I also can eat a jar of almond butter in two days, so I quit buying it. Usually. I allow an occasional binge! I had a jar of almond butter a few weeks ago. It was great and I enjoyed every bite. Same for cheese. I'll buy a brick of some raw or grass-fed blah-blah cheese sometimes and try to make it last longer than two or three days. I'm confident grok was a binger sometimes. Who's going to walk past ten thousand blackberries and not fill their stomach?!


    Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

    My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

  7. #37
    MissJecka's Avatar
    MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'm also a nut addict. Part of my breaking my last plateau was cutting out daily nut and dairy foods. Nowadays I eat a solid handful or two of whatever nut I want - once a week on grocery day! I usually just get hazelnuts since they're cheap and closer to optimal than many other nuts. But I just discovered "sprouted" almonds at my Co-op and have had those the past few weeks.
    That's a great idea. No more nut butters or buying a 5 pound bag of almonds. I'll just go to the bulk section and get a handful! Brilliant!

    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I also can eat a jar of almond butter in two days, so I quit buying it. Usually. I allow an occasional binge! I had a jar of almond butter a few weeks ago. It was great and I enjoyed every bite.
    This sounds all too familiar...

    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'm confident grok was a binger sometimes. Who's going to walk past ten thousand blackberries and not fill their stomach?!
    Haha, yes! I'd like to think he'd do just that!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

    >> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

    Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

  8. #38
    Graycat's Avatar
    Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,933
    I just got an idea. Maybe next time I'll buy a bag of un-shelled nuts. Since cracking the shells and all is so labor intense and time consuming it would be really hard to overeat. I imagine grok didn't have a jar or bag of shelled and cleaned nuts to eat handfulls at a time

  9. #39
    MissJecka's Avatar
    MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    651
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by CleoCat View Post
    I just got an idea. Maybe next time I'll buy a bag of un-shelled nuts. Since cracking the shells and all is so labor intense and time consuming it would be really hard to overeat. I imagine grok didn't have a jar or bag of shelled and cleaned nuts to eat handfulls at a time
    Shelled nuts are the ones that last longest in my household, actually. I buy shelled pistachios and fill up a plastic cup with them. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to eat the small cup of them, and I usually don't go back for more. A huge Costco-sized bag usually lasts a month and a half while a jar of almond butter or even a pint of raw almonds are lucky to last 3 days.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

    >> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

    Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •