Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doing Grok in Afghanistan, where the real Cavemen live! page 2

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for the kind words, Siobhan! I hope to continue with the pictures, but after awhile they will probably get repetitive as I cook the same things over and over. I can't cook many things, and I'm content with the limited dishes that I make, but I do try to diversity in the vegetable department.

Afghanistan is a very unique place to live and work. I find living here very boring at the moment, however the job that I have is great and the people I deal with are quite nice. Now if only I could speak some Dari-Farsi, I'd be set! Good night to all!

Good morning!

Today's breakfast is pretty much the same as yesterday. I tend to keep breakfast the same until I get bored with the same dish. So that means I ate 5 eggs, with a bit of white onion and 1 clove of garlic cooked in butter. They were accompanied by a small bowl of bone broth and cooked radish and spinach greens in some coconut oil. Everything was topped off with salt and pepper.

Have a good day!

IMG_3220.jpg

Hello again!

Lunch today consisted of two marinated chicken breasts baked in the over, accompanied with a cucumber and a few good radishes.

Dinner, which I'm eating now, consists of one pound of ground beef cooked with white onion, ginger, a can of coconut milk, curry powder, green scallions, and salt & pepper. It is served over a bed of paleo (cauliflower) rice. It's delicious!

I'm really motivated with this kind of eating and hope to stay with it perfectly for at least one month. When I go out with locals, it's all rice and who knows what kind of oils. Trying to keep focused on my overall goal of looking good on the beaches of Thailand come December!!!

Thanks for reading and for the kind comments.

IMG_3221.jpgIMG_3222.jpg

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    That looks great, I need to try that to keep my Whole30 interesting! So I guess coconut milk is easy to get there?
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

janeygak is offline Junior Member
    afsjesse,

Where do you get your eggs from? I recommend against getting the typical "white" eggs because those are factory eggs and very low quality. If you can, go to butcher street and get "tukhme khaanagi" ("house eggs" - locally produced) from the old man with two little boys. They tend to be brown and sell for 10 Afs each and the yolks are much more yellow/orange than the factory eggs. The guy's shop is a tiny little place and he also sells goat milk, fresh cream, and cheese.

janeygak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12