Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does a batch of bone broth last? page 2

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I searched for this the other day. I want to make some. It is basically like making stock, right? Except that I never added vinegar to stock before. I read the definition of broth vs stock, but can't remember now but it was similar, so I know I can do this I have been saving lots of chicken pieces in the freezer.

Thing is, I never would have thought to just drink (eat, whatever) chicken stock.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    uhm?? what are you guys doing? mine lasts UNTIL

did you add salt and vinegar?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    In Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything" he says that you can keep stock in the fridge for a long time if you boil it every third day. That is a great cookbook by the way.

I recently started freezing my broth in ice cube trays and like how easy that makes it use whatever amount I need (versus freezing in larger containers).

This weekend I am going to try making homemade bouillon cubes from these instructions: Homemade Bouillon (Portable Soup)

The author of the above recipe says the cubes will keep at room temperature for six months! I might keep mine in the fridge just to be on the safe side, but still, that would be amazing to have a lot of those cubes on hand. And with the reducing you have a lot more "stock" stored in a lot less space. Pretty cool.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    In Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything" he says that you can keep stock in the fridge for a long time if you boil it every third day. That is a great cookbook by the way.

I recently started freezing my broth in ice cube trays and like how easy that makes it use whatever amount I need (versus freezing in larger containers).

This weekend I am going to try making homemade bouillon cubes from these instructions: Homemade Bouillon (Portable Soup)

The author of the above recipe says the cubes will keep at room temperature for six months! I might keep mine in the fridge just to be on the safe side, but still, that would be amazing to have a lot of those cubes on hand. And with the reducing you have a lot more "stock" stored in a lot less space. Pretty cool.
    Pretty cool indeed. That looks like the perfect Primal backpacking food.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post

I've been hearing some concerns on how boiling can denature some proteins but haven't done my own research. But DANG those jelly bouillon cubes are a DYNAMITE idea. Thank you so much for sharing that link!

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    What a fantastic idea - Christmas presents and filling my daughters' tuck boxes for school sprang instantly to mind!

pjms9 is offline Junior Member
    Today I made beef bonebroth in slow cooker for 24 hrs and forgot to put it in bottles and keep it in refrz and kept it cooker for 12 hrs outside. It not smelling, is it safe to consume it after boiling and cooling it ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12