Thread: Push up board? page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah I don't see how spending money on this is wise. I would imagine going to home depot and buying a small wood beam would be about the same thing. I've never tried hindu push ups, now I want to ...

bruce.b is offline Member

http://maxwellsc.blogspot.com/2008/12/pushing-yourself-to-power.html

Anyone use one? Is it worth it? I'm doing a lot of pushups and do them on the floor or with pushup handles. The board is pretty cool but I'm having difficulty seeing how it could be better than using what I have. I like Maxwell a lot and he's one of the people I take seriously and try to listen to.

bruce b.

Timothy is offline Senior Member

That looks kind of cool, but I don't know why you couldn't just use a curb, some bricks, tree roots etc.

Then again, if it reminds you to do more pushups than you normally would, that could be helpful. And I'm not going to contradict a man with that many muscle striations.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member

I don't use one and cant say if its worth it. It seems like its specifically for doing the hindu pushup (he shows how these are done in the post you linked aswell), and I'm certain the board is useless for most regular push up variations, unnecessary at best (like grains :P). You could make a board like that yourself for a couple of bucks, and glancing at it I have difficulty seeing how much of a benefit it poses. I've done hindu pushups just fine without one, and I'm sure you can aswell. If you're basing your workout regime on the hindu pushup or something like that I could see how it would be nice, for comfort.

Wow what a long bloated post for such a short question..