Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Fingers WOW !!!! page

tallguy Guest

Primal Fuel

Got myself a pair of classic fivefingers, wow !!! They were a little awkward at first and took some getting used to but ........... went for a little sprint this morning and Usain Bolt better watch out, i was flying like i never could in a pair of ordinary running shoes. They felt great, I highly recommend them.

Welcome to the world of Fivefingers! But I bet you'll be going barefoot soon enough ;-)

hannahc is offline Senior Member

I was going to post about mine tomorrow! I got sprints last Friday, and I've done 2 sprint workouts in them and basically worn them everywhere when I'm not at work. I wish I never had to wear a different pair of shoes! My legs feel tired wearing my heels now, and I've literally worn heels almost every day for the past...7 years I think. I didn't even have much of a transition/break-in time, they were awesome right away! Now I just have to convince my husband that I need a pair of classics too...

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Conan Guest

I got some this week as well. I've only worn them 2 or 3 times and haven't tried running in them yet. I've had arch problems my whole life and notice that they completely relieve the pressure on my arches (but I do notice more pressure on the ball of my feet). They also pull my pinkie toe out quite a bit but it has been smashed over by normal shoes for years so that's probably a good thing. So far I'm really happy with them and can't wait to spend some more talking walking and working out in them.

RogerDeRok is offline Member

I need some! They make your feet stink though.

Clint is offline Senior Member

I wear mine ALOT! Mine are 1 1/2 years old and my toes are starting to break through them. I'm going to replace them here in the next month or two and my wife wants to get a pair when I do. I've always hated being barefoot, but I love these things.

Conan Guest

Clint, when they start to stink do you just throw them in the washer?

murat Guest

I am very tempted and found a reseller in Marseille but my second toe is longer than the limit they fix for a correct adjustment (It seems that I am a Turkish with a Greek feet ;-) ). I have tried some and they were a little bit pulling back my toe. I asked them if they think that it would extend enough to become comfortable with some usage but they have never answered my mail. Given that they are quite expensive here, I am hesitating to take the risk... Have you had a similar problem, and have you abserved their extension capacity?

For now I use a pair of Vivo Barefoot Aqua and I am quite happy with them. When you use them without the supplementary sole that comes with, you feel every details of the road and my toes are very free in them. The main difference with VFF is the fact that my toes remain in one block inside, I imagine...

Any opinion?

Murat

Murat

Clint is offline Senior Member

Yeah, I just wash them in cold water on the gently cycle.

I put them in by themselves and use VERY LITTLE to no detergent and they come out nice and non-stinky!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I wonder if these would even work for me.

I overpronate substantially due to a shorter left leg (fused lower vertebrae since birth) and my arches are COMPLETELY flat! I mean, if I walk around barefoot, my legs ache and my back will go out! :-(

These may not be for everybody???

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast