Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look at this tree log this guy is giving away for FREE in New Jersey, if yo page

Look at this tree log this guy is giving away for FREE in New Jersey, if yo

Primal Fuel
    IF YOU STEAL THIS AWAY FROM ME I WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITH YOU.

Hand Peeled Tree Log -about 13" diameter

How many pounds would you say this log is?

My dream is to lift it over my head.

If you don't hear from me again maybe this guy in Allendale killed me and hand peeled me too, like he did with the log.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    It's beautiful! Lucky you! Ummm, but do let someone else know where you're going! I have been known to wave to imaginary people in my car when some one has been creepy-scary.

I'll probably take an L ride and roll with a few heads to scoop it.

Holy shit, look at this:

Thick Pieces of Quality Logs for Firewood

Log dumbells.

FREE TREE LOGS

BUT TO BE HONEST I WANT THE HAND PEELED ONE, IT'S SMOOTH AND WILL NOT SCRAPE ME

Yeah, the other logs are a dime a dozen around here (heck there are quite a few in my back yard) but that peeled one is a work of art. It's gorgeous. And if you can lift that you must be superman!

Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    Yeah, the other logs are a dime a dozen around here (heck there are quite a few in my back yard) but that peeled one is a work of art. It's gorgeous. And if you can lift that you must be superman!
    How heavy do you think it is??

Here's what I did. I brought my cheap-o scales down into my garage where I have a smaller log hanging around while I figure out what to do with it. It looks to be slightly shorter and narrower than the beauty you're getting. My log only weighs 55 lbs. But it's very, very dry and probably at least 30% smaller, at a guess. The problem will be picking it up and lifting it without hurting your back. Once you get it up in the air, I'm sure you can lift it above your head... if you're experienced. The awkward shape and hand-hold is what's working against you.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    Here's what I did. I brought my cheap-o scales down into my garage where I have a smaller log hanging around while I figure out what to do with it. It looks to be slightly shorter and narrower than the beauty you're getting. My log only weighs 55 lbs. But it's very, very dry and probably at least 30% smaller, at a guess. The problem will be picking it up and lifting it without hurting your back. Once you get it up in the air, I'm sure you can lift it above your head... if you're experienced. The awkward shape and hand-hold is what's working against you.
    I would make cut-outs and install handles, like in World's Strongest Man.

From what you're telling me, I put it between 100-150 lbs. How do you feel about that estimate?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast