Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are these people pulling my leg? page

clint2 is offline Junior Member

Are these people pulling my leg?

Primal Fuel
    I visit another forum and try to help them with weight/fitness. Some of these people(mostly woman) say that they are running 40 miles per week and eating(sad diet) 1200cal and not losing weight. Can somebody's metablism be that broke? Or are they just pulling my leg? I dont count calories, but 1200 sounds like a meal not a day.

heatherdarbs Guest
    They're either lying or their bodies can't afford to lose weight. I'm new to forum chats and I'm finding that there are more weird people, than not. Geez.

Anyone that runs that much is an asshole, so I wouldn't pay these people much attention.

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    Anyone that runs that much is an asshole, so I wouldn't pay these people much attention.
    HAHAHA! So glad I saw this comment come through my email right now - good laugh!

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clint2 View Post
    Can somebody's metablism be that broke? .
    Yup!

In 2009 I aimed to get fit and lose weight. After 8 weeks of low fat,low calorie eating and running every day (admittedly not 8 miles a day) I gained 3lbs. Of fat, not muscle. Disheartened and disillusioned? You bet.

Quote Originally Posted by clint2 View Post
    I dont count calories, but 1200 sounds like a meal not a day.
    When I was growing up women were often advised to cut calories to 1000 a day to lose weight. Now the cw advise is for 1200 or even, gasp 1500. I'm really enjoying not counting cals on primal and I'm losing well at about 1lb a week.

In my office there are 2 people who have completed lighter life food replacement programme which is only 500 cals per day. They are now having to maintain their weight by eating between 900 and 1200 a day because otherwise hey start gaining.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    This shit happens a lot. I suggested (on another forum) that everyone should take a look at changing to a less processed diet and inevitably this led to discussions surrounding Paleo. The forum moderator then went on to tell me that it was a fad (as classified by the NHS) and that they refused to discuss fads. He told me that my opinion wasn't helping anyone.

After a little searching back through his posts and weightloss counter (petty I know) I saw that he was 380lbs. And had been for the previous 2 years. I quizzed him about it and all he did was refer to some "issues" he had surrounding food. I went on to then suggest (in the original Paleo thread) that whether it was classed as a fad or not, it was probably better advice than listening to a guy that hadn't been successful at all in his approach to weightloss. They banned me.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    I went on to then suggest (in the original Paleo thread) that whether it was classed as a fad or not, it was probably better advice than listening to a guy that hadn't been successful at all in his approach to weightloss. They banned me.
    This is one of my biggest gripes about weight loss; getting advice/criticism from people who have either never had to lose weight or have never succeeded at losing weight.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    I don't even try to give people like that advice anymore, because they seem to know it all already.
    A saying that I like is; "A wise person knows that they don't have all the answers, but a fool knows everything".
    If someone wants to run 40 miles a week and eat 1200 cals a day, well....be my guest.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    A saying that I like is; "A wise person knows that they don't have all the answers, but a fool knows everything".
    I like!!

MissPiggy is offline Junior Member
    Not pulling your leg. Been there, done that. It's terrible and leads to eating disorders too. You don't understand what you're doing wrong. You go into a cycle of even less eating, more excercise.
    These people are victims not assholes.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast