Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are these people pulling my leg? page 5

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I LOVE LHT! Squats (front and back), deadlifts, and the Olympic lifts... clean and jerk is my absolute favorite! I lift wimpy amounts, but I'm also pretty small, so I just do as much as I can with proper form and enjoy the hell out of it!

I also like astonishing the guys at work when I easily lift and carry a whole box of copy paper... heheheh...

PrimalMama is online now Senior Member
    I didn't realize a whole box of copy paper was hard to lift?
    I think I've gotten the *jaw drop* reaction most of my life when I do things I don't consider physically demanding (but apparently others do?)... When I was bartending in a theater, the old-lady ushers told me I should get a man to carry my ice and drinks (cases of water, beer, sodas, bottles of liquor & wine, etc.) up the stairs, because if I kept lifting like that, I wouldn't ever be able to get pregnant. (*headwall*)

More on-topic for this thread... I'm always amazed at people I know who spend HOURS in the gym and barely eat anything (at least in public) and don't seem to make any progress... I've always wondered what they're REALLY doing (even though this thread points out several reasons they could be doing what they're saying and failing)....

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    I didn't realize a whole box of copy paper was hard to lift?
    I'm pretty small... 5'2", 107 pounds. The only other person who will even attempt to help me put the paper order away is a 6'4" tall former Marine. All the other men I work with either get the hand truck or say "let Goldie do it".

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Weak people make me angry. It's all I can do to hold in my thoughts. "How irresponsible can you be? If I broke my ankle, you COULDN'T CARRY ME. And you don't care, feel guilt, or feel even remotely responsible." The bare minimum strength requirement probably ought to be the ability to carry another person.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

mle777 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Weak people make me angry. It's all I can do to hold in my thoughts. "How irresponsible can you be? If I broke my ankle, you COULDN'T CARRY ME. And you don't care, feel guilt, or feel even remotely responsible." The bare minimum strength requirement probably ought to be the ability to carry another person.
    This is actually why I started strength training. I wanted to make sure that if I was hiking and I or someone that I was with fell over the side of a cliff, I would be able to pull myself or that person back up (or maybe I've just watched to many 90210 reruns - Brandon & Dylan - cliff, lol). I also wanted to make sure that if someone was chasing myself and my child, I could pick up my child and still run like hell (thank you heavy lifting and sprints!).

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    Lol?
    Oh - whoops; got it.

lissee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
    This is actually why I started strength training. I wanted to make sure that if I was hiking and I or someone that I was with fell over the side of a cliff, I would be able to pull myself or that person back up (or maybe I've just watched to many 90210 reruns - Brandon & Dylan - cliff, lol). I also wanted to make sure that if someone was chasing myself and my child, I could pick up my child and still run like hell (thank you heavy lifting and sprints!).
    ROFL! This is my new favorite comment ever!!!! Where do you live?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Yep, Ive been there too. Was running 10 km per day, eating very little and didn't lose any weight. This is what the guidelines told me at the time.....anyway have found the primal way now......so onward and upward
    I don't think that I was ever called an asshole thou !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

honeypig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPiggy View Post
    Not pulling your leg. Been there, done that. It's terrible and leads to eating disorders too. You don't understand what you're doing wrong. You go into a cycle of even less eating, more excercise.
    These people are victims not assholes.
    +1, absolutely. Also been there, done that. You are doing EVERYTHING RIGHT, according to what you read, are told, and have learned, but yet you are always hungry, always tired and don't lose weight. If working that hard to get where you want to be makes you an asshole, then I'm guilty, but I agree w/MissPiggy, these folks just don't know any better and I feel bad for them. It's an awful struggle and never ends well.

mle777 is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by lissee View Post
    ROFL! This is my new favorite comment ever!!!! Where do you live?
    Austin, Texas There aren't a whole lot of cliffs or crazy people with guns here, but you never know

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast