Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are these people pulling my leg? page 4

heatherdarbs Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MissPiggy View Post
    Not pulling your leg. Been there, done that. It's terrible and leads to eating disorders too. You don't understand what you're doing wrong. You go into a cycle of even less eating, more excercise.
    These people are victims not assholes.
    Agreed - and I got caught up in this asshole cycle, too. Although, I dropped weight like crazy...at some point, my body couldn't afford to lose any more weight, however.

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    lol, people don't like what they can't understand. People can't understand how you can lose weight eating more fat. Because it's ingrained that bodyfat is caused by eating fat. Sounds like you're better off not being on that forum though. Hopefully some people noticed your posts before you got canned though.

I like the fact it's a fad as classified by the NHS, with bird flu the other year anyone who phoned up NHS Direct got diagnosed by someone with no medical qualifications running through a flow chart thing as having bird flu.
    I must be different than everyone else, because my weight istn't budging and my carbs are way low - primarily veggies - don't undereat, don't overeat...?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I must be different than everyone else, because my weight istn't budging and my carbs are way low - primarily veggies - don't undereat, don't overeat...?
    Do you have a journal we can post in to avoid derailing this thread?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

heatherdarbs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Do you have a journal we can post in to avoid derailing this thread?
    Sorry, I'm pretty new to this; a journal, as in stats and progress?

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    I was terrified of real weightlifting. That was a man thing, you know? Women aren't built that way. Etcetera.

I am so glad I'm weightlifting now. I love it. Just today, after doing back squats, I said to one of the other women there, "Lifting heavy things is COOL." I'm amazed by how strong I'm becoming. I have a long way to go, but that's OK! When I started, the most I did for back squats was 65 pounds. Today I did 105 pounds. Rah!!!

I don't care if I don't lose another pound, or even if I gain weight, as long as my lifts continue improving, and my stamina when I spar in TKD improves. Inches have been decreasing around waist and hips, so I'm psyched.

I don't want to be smaller. I want to be STRONGER.
    I was never scared of weight lifting, but I was doing it all wrong. Isolation exercises to the max. I couldn't even do an air ass to grass squat. How sad. Thank goodness a friend showed me how to do a bar squat.

I'm glad you found lifting! I wish all girls I knew had the same mentality of getting stronger like you did. Then I'd have more friends to talk to about working out, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdarbs View Post
    Lol?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherdarbs View Post
    A lot of people start a journal here in the forums (there's a separate section here for them) to track their progress, list meals, get feedback or whatever they find helpful.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

mle777 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    This sounds interesting. What is the name of this series?
    Sorry, just now seeing this The program is Chalean Extreme. It's a dvd program that is meant to get women in to weight lifting. It's a three month program and you're encouraged to lift as heavy as you can. It's sort of like P90X for women. There are cardio workouts in the set as well, but I tend to skip the cardio and just do long slow walks and sprint sessions).

mle777 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    I was terrified of real weightlifting. That was a man thing, you know? Women aren't built that way. Etcetera.

I am so glad I'm weightlifting now. I love it. Just today, after doing back squats, I said to one of the other women there, "Lifting heavy things is COOL." I'm amazed by how strong I'm becoming. I have a long way to go, but that's OK! When I started, the most I did for back squats was 65 pounds. Today I did 105 pounds. Rah!!!

I don't care if I don't lose another pound, or even if I gain weight, as long as my lifts continue improving, and my stamina when I spar in TKD improves. Inches have been decreasing around waist and hips, so I'm psyched.

I don't want to be smaller. I want to be STRONGER.
    I love this! I've almost always lifted weights, but for many years it was the 3-5 pound weights. Yes, they were pink Over the last couple months I've started doing 90 lbs squats and deadlifts and benchpresses. I feel so powerful My weight has stayed the same, yet I've lost quite a bit of body fat and lots of inches. I'm okay with being smaller and stronger

mle777 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I was never scared of weight lifting, but I was doing it all wrong. Isolation exercises to the max. I couldn't even do an air ass to grass squat. How sad. Thank goodness a friend showed me how to do a bar squat.

I'm glad you found lifting! I wish all girls I knew had the same mentality of getting stronger like you did. Then I'd have more friends to talk to about working out, lol.
    {my last post for now, I promise, just trying to catch up}

We need a Primal Women Lifting Heavy Things thread. I have very few females in my life that I can discuss weight lifting with. I always get so excited when I find women that "get it"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast