Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Log page

George is offline Junior Member

Primal Log

Shop Now
    I've been needing a place to log things for some time, and since I'm a Primal/Paleo guy, this seemed like a great place to start.

I've been following Mark since 2004 when a co-worker turned me on to his website and have had some great conversations with him over email and he still personally responds to things I send to him (sorry Mark, I'll use the forums more now!). My mother, a diabetic educator and Type I diabetic teaches the Primal and Paleo principles to all of her patients and credit Mark's book The Primal Blueprint as one of the inspirations that led her to a level of health and fitness that is unheard of for most women over 50.

I tend to do CrossFit and the Tactical Athlete workouts, but I do them all with kettlebells (I have a full set of professional steel kettlebells). I hope in the future to start a gym that focuses on training kids and athletes primal type movements for general fitness.

I own an Atlatl from Atlatl Bob who was featured during a PrimalCon, and can tell you both the atlatl and Bob are awesome. I'm very much into turning the world into my playground to the delight of my son.

Yesterday:

15 min AMRAP of:
    10 Kettlebell Swings 2pd
    10 Squat Jumps
    10 Dips

8 rounds

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Hey my friend, you might want to transfer this to the 'Journals' section of the site. Looks great though.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

I'll ask to have that done (moderators, help!). As you can see, I was one of the original joiners of the forum, but it has expanded well beyond what I saw in 2009.
    My posts are for information only, based on my own research and experience. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.

Yesterday:

3 sets of 2 reps of 2x1pd KB jerks
    2 sets of 2 reps of 2x1.5pd KB jerks
    2 sets of 2 reps of 2.2pd KB jerks

Today:

5 rounds for time of:
    8 x KB Lunges (2x1.5pd) - 4 each side
    15 Knees to Elbows

Time: 13:33
    My posts are for information only, based on my own research and experience. It is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. The reader should always consult his or her healthcare provider to determine the appropriateness of the information for their own situation or if they have any questions regarding a medical condition or treatment plan.

There's a great site called Fitocracy.com, where you can log workouts and get points, you should join it and be my friend there, I'll give you props.

Oh I see.

I've tried Fitocracy, but it misses a lot of the movements I end up doing. They tend to be slow to add kettlebell things as well.

Today:

5 RFTO:
    10 2x2pd KB Deadlifts
    10 Burpees

Time: 9:17

Today:

3 sets of 2 2x1.5pd cleans
    4 sets of 2 2x2pd cleans

Yea they don't have everything, like Bottom Up Squats, but you record that in your notes and take the hit on the points. The points and awards keep me motivated, plus the fist-bumps and props, of course.

But yea, keep this thread alive, it's very vibrant and interesting.

Today:

2x1pd Thruster, 15 reps
    Run 200 meters
    2x1pd Thruster, 20 reps
    Run 400 meters
    2x1pd Thruster, 30 reps
    Run 800 meters

Time: 14:43

Unfortunately, had to have some minor surgery, so I could not workout for a week. I started back up yesterday finally!

Yesterday:

As many rounds for time in 12 min of:
    20 KB swings (1pd)
    400m run

4 rounds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast