Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Bodyweight Workout Video page 2

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That is fantastic! Yeah, the pole. You must get some strange looks man!

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
    Those older folk were great as well, you all looked like you were having fun and make it look so easy.
    When I have a go at anything like that, I feel embarrassed as I am so stiff and heavy in comparison. As I have just watched you I assume it is going to be easier than what it is. Oh well, Onwards and upwards.
    Keep at it and be patient. All the things you see me do in these videos took lots and lots of practice to make look easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    That is fantastic! Yeah, the pole. You must get some strange looks man!
    Thanks very much! And since pretty much everyone at that park knows me by now, I don't get as many funny looks anymore.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    your finger/joint strength is crazy. I've been devoting more time to strengthening my wrists and fingers and spending a lot more time in handstands but I'm still pretty far from full fingertip push ups for reps.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    your finger/joint strength is crazy. I've been devoting more time to strengthening my wrists and fingers and spending a lot more time in handstands but I'm still pretty far from full fingertip push ups for reps.
    I thought this too. What exercises are you doing to strenghtening them?

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielfire View Post
    I thought this too. What exercises are you doing to strenghtening them?
    I've done various fingertip holds as well as plenty of grip work hanging from the bar. Just doing lots of pull-ups will do wonders for your grip. I'm actually planning to do a blog post on grip/fingertip strength at some point in the near future.

In the meantime, there is a great book I recommend with lots of info on training your grip, fingers and hands. It's called Convict Conditioning 2.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Mjgarwood is offline Junior Member
    Been using CC2's grip strengthening for the last several weeks with great results. towel hangs, especially. My forearms are getting RIPPED - something I didn't think would happen - and my pullup reps have increased b/c my grip is less of a weak link than it used to be. Never took grip training seriously til about a month ago... That was dumb. Now I'm smarter

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    I've done various fingertip holds as well as plenty of grip work hanging from the bar. Just doing lots of pull-ups will do wonders for your grip. I'm actually planning to do a blog post on grip/fingertip strength at some point in the near future.

In the meantime, there is a great book I recommend with lots of info on training your grip, fingers and hands. It's called Convict Conditioning 2.
    will have a look, cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12