Thread: Obtaining bang for your buck quality fatty oils. page

Bare is offline Junior Member

Obtaining bang for your buck quality fatty oils.

What are some affordable ways to obtaining high quality fatty oils to boost my fat levels promoting my appetite to decrease.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Eat fatty cuts of meat, such as pork chops, pork belly, bacon, salt pork, pork butt roast, beef rib-eye. Save any grease that forms when you cook things like bacon. Slow cook fatty meats like oxtails, chuck roast, or soup bones and when it's done, put the juice from the crock pot in the fridge and then skim off and save all the fat that forms. Use that for cooking. You might ask the guys behind the meat counter if you could have some fat. They might just give it to you or they might charge you pretty cheap. Then take that home and render your own beef tallow or lard. And once in a while, roast a duck. It's a hell of a lot of work and not cheap, but you can get nearly a quart of duck fat from one duck. From now on, I'm having roast duck for Christmas instead of turkey.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Make your own tallow. Super easy. 30,000 calories for $5.00.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Don't eat oil to promote appetite suppression. Oil is essentially empty calories. Maple syrup and molasses are far more nutritious than pretty much any oil, and it's not a good idea to eat them. Eat real food. It doesn't matter if it's chicken breast, fish, pork ribs, London broil, eggs, apples, sweet potatoes or kale. Eat the foods that make you feel best and give you the most energy. Don't worry about macronutrient content. Fat and carbs are pretty irrelevant for the majority of us. The only advice I'd give is to make sure protein is adequate (1g/lb lean body mass and up to 2g/lb for gym rats). 1 lb of meat is around 100g of protein, so that's accurate enough.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Half a pigs head is seriously, $3. For about 500g meat, 500g fat.

Mutton flaps are seriously good value as well. Heaps of fat comes off them when you roast them.

Finally, butter can be rendered down to ghee and is a pretty cheap fat.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Fat doesn't do much for appetite suppression for me. It's protein that helps most. If I get my daily protein requirement, my appetite is usually under control. Of course, that's with remaining low carb because I'm very, very sensitive to carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Eat fatty cuts of meat, such as pork chops, pork belly, bacon, salt pork, pork butt roast, beef rib-eye. Save any grease that forms when you cook things like bacon. Slow cook fatty meats like oxtails, chuck roast, or soup bones and when it's done, put the juice from the crock pot in the fridge and then skim off and save all the fat that forms. Use that for cooking. You might ask the guys behind the meat counter if you could have some fat. They might just give it to you or they might charge you pretty cheap. Then take that home and render your own beef tallow or lard. And once in a while, roast a duck. It's a hell of a lot of work and not cheap, but you can get nearly a quart of duck fat from one duck. From now on, I'm having roast duck for Christmas instead of turkey.
    I recently did make some ox tails but I just seasoned them and put the to slow boil for 8 hrs, with the container filled half ways of water, did I cook true right of way ?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I went to the locker picked up 4lbs of frozen swine fat, and a few lbs of steaks , ribeye , brisket. Hand picked the qualifying high fat meat. Any idea what I should do with the 5 lbs of frozen ground beef , I heard around here it's not to well.