Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are people so concerned with weight-loss? page 8

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    How about my legs? I've got some pretty big ones.

What I'd like is a slimmer waist and smaller arms. But I don't believe for a second I'm going to get that.

I'm not that into weight loss anymore. I'm into eating strange animal bits. I'd rather eat delicious things that make other people squirm than have skinny legs. The only other way I'm gonna make people squirm I suppose is to crush their heads with my massive thighs.
    That's what I also don't get, smaller arms? A lot of girls I know have these small forearms and when I touch them I feel like I could break them any second. I think those look great.
    But about the waist. I personally like it when the sides "are pushed in" a little. Hard to explain. Not saying yours are ugly of course. And maybe it isn't even possible for females over 25 or something, but I don't know about those things.
    Billie trips balls

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    It's only a mistake to ask if you're not ready to face answers you might dislike
    If he wants you thinner, that's ok. You don't have to indulge to every one of his wills
    However I think you should use it to you advantage. You want him more muscular? Condition some weight loss for his work outs!
    oh i've tried that. he does a few pushups and then quickly forgets about it. he's a busy guy, i don't blame him. in the end, i'm going to do what i want with my body and if weight lifting isn't his thing, i'm not going to push it on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    But about the waist. I personally like it when the sides "are pushed in" a little. Hard to explain. Not saying yours are ugly of course. And maybe it isn't even possible for females over 25 or something, but I don't know about those things.
    i've been thinking about this; not specifically about your comment, but about small waists in general. there's a post on Nerd Fitness Rebellion about a woman who gained a bit of weight/strength and you can see her waist is a little bigger after the strength gain. some people say abs are made in the kitchen, and i can see their point wrt losing enough fat to actually see the abs, but i think you can increase your abs a little through working them out (maybe dead lifts and weighted squats), which would probably result in less of an hourglass figure. i don't know, it's just a thought that occurred to me.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SentWest View Post
    My priorities are as follows:
    1. Look hot
    2. Be hard to kill
    3. Not be frail when I'm 80
    I like this philosophy.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I personally like it when the sides "are pushed in" a little. Hard to explain. Not saying yours are ugly of course. And maybe it isn't even possible for females over 25 or something, but I don't know about those things.
    I have the pushed in sides, but it comes at the cost of triplet-bearing hips and an odd jumpy transition between hips and thighs. I actually envy you, SB, your compact smoothness of curve/line between leg, hip and waist. Just goes to show - it's horses for courses and the grass is always greener. That said, husband has the same disproportionately large pelvis issue and on him it looks like he's got a coathanger hiding in his trousers. That sounded ruder than I intended...
    It is hard when the person we love doesn't exactly match our physical attractiveness guidelines, but we're adults we should be able to overlook/forgive and forget those minor aesthetic quibbles (or have made the decision not to long before the getting hitched stage). Also, with men, the ageing process can lead to some unanticipated changes - men never warn you about the chances of thinning hair - just as often as with women (my stomach will never be the same now I've had a child).
    There does have to be a certain degree of compassion in any long-term relationship, I think.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 08-17-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: suck at spelling
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    That's what I also don't get, smaller arms? A lot of girls I know have these small forearms and when I touch them I feel like I could break them any second. I think those look great.
    I think it's mostly genetic... some women just have more of a waist than others, some are much straighter up and down. There may be SOMETHING you can do (errm corsets anyone?? lol) and perhaps some exercise, but I think if you're more straight up and down that's the way you stay.

I'd like more of a waist myself, but I'm unlikely to get one so I just focus on the things I CAN change about myself!

cavequeen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kkratz57 View Post
    That's exactly why I have to take breaks from this forum sometime -- or at least skip over the threads which are focused on weight loss obsession.

Yes, I'd like to be thinner. And yes, I'm technically obese. But when I shift my focus to quality foods, getting stronger and not weighing myself, I'm simply a happier person. The slow weight loss is a pleasant side effect. I had my DH unhide the scale recently just so I could see where I was so there was no shock for an upcoming doc appointment. I had to have him hide it a couple of days ago because I got so obsessive and preoccupied by the numbers. I started setting up goals of getting to X weight by a certain time. It started taking over my life. Screw that. Strive for primal excellence (not perfection), keep learning from others and make adjustments. And live your freaking life!
    I was getting a little carried away as well with the scale as well. However reaching my primary goal of getting off my bp meds made it easier to not worry about it so much as long as I still fit into my clothes. I did have a death of a close family member recently and my little one getting really sick with a high fever to distract me though. I still need to lose 15 lbs though but I am just going to try to stay off my bp meds and eat as healthy as possible.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I'm a tree trunk shape. No little tiny waist for me. I don't know if it's my waist's fault or my hips or my height (or lack thereof). I don't think there's much I can do about my waist. It's 29-30" usually and 28 is about the smallest it's ever been as an adult, so that's not going to make much difference. The PB fitness exercises that I do in the wimpiest of ways have made a big difference in my overall firmness and I'm really happy how much nicer my skin is nowadays.

You know what my true desire is? To eat as much as I want all the time and stay at least this size and strength. So far it mostly works. Thank goodness I really like the food.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

unsuperb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i've been thinking about this; not specifically about your comment, but about small waists in general. there's a post on Nerd Fitness Rebellion about a woman who gained a bit of weight/strength and you can see her waist is a little bigger after the strength gain. some people say abs are made in the kitchen, and i can see their point wrt losing enough fat to actually see the abs, but i think you can increase your abs a little through working them out (maybe dead lifts and weighted squats), which would probably result in less of an hourglass figure. i don't know, it's just a thought that occurred to me.
    *nods* I'd agree with this (though it varies, blah, blah, blah). My partner powerlifts and has what I refer to as a keg for her waist. There's definition, but she's also pulling a shit-ton of weight. She might be more on the extreme side, though.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Ha all of you women are so fine it make me feel wrong just looking at your avatars.

would kick none of you out of bed for eating ( hmm cant say crackers, uhm) sardines.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

SentWest is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    I think it's mostly genetic... some women just have more of a waist than others, some are much straighter up and down. There may be SOMETHING you can do (errm corsets anyone?? lol) and perhaps some exercise, but I think if you're more straight up and down that's the way you stay.
    I believe it's just genetic as well. I don't think anyone can do anything to change it short of corsetry, just like guys can't really make their shoulders wider. More muscular, yeah, but the skeletal frame won't change.

Guess I'm lucky, I have about 10" inches difference between the hips-waist-bust measurements. It's a blessing/curse. I'm really curvy, but nothing off the rack fits right and a lot of modern syles look terrible. Guys like it, but it's aways stymied my dreams of doing dance related things (they want lithe body shapes only above a certain level).

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast