Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are people so concerned with weight-loss? page 5

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Left, no question. Pretty much my dream legs! No overhang!!!!
    Are you sure you actually like those better or is it actually that you like to accomplish something and that the left would feel like "bigger accomplishment"

Because honestly I don't get howyou can lije the left better than the right. But each to their own I guess
    Billie trips balls

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    As a fat person working very hard to get healthy, I agree with the OP. SEEMINGLY, healthy (read looks like they are thin) people do work hard to lose that 5 lbs (or whatever % of fat), using very low calorie diets (VLCD), does seem a bit overboard to me.

I am on a VLCD, and when I am not, I eat strict Paleo. Doing this I have lost 106 lbs in the last 6 months, reduced my high blood pressure and the amount of LDL's that were clogging my arteries. I have also gained a understanding of food, through research. There is also an emotional component that comes along with being fat. Except for a few misguided "disability" recipients, no one WANTS to be fat.

Food has it's place, it is there to keep us functioning and alive. What I have learned is that food is not a friend. Food doesn't bring comfort. Food is what it is, food. I treat food like what it is, my addiction. The down side of that is that I can't just stop eating (I've tried that, it doesn't work).

I am closing in on my goal weight of 185, which is still going to be "fat" to some, and too "thin" to others. At that weight, I can walk into a CrossFit gym, and just be an out of shape person, not a fatty who can't control herself.

I understand the reasoning around being angry at fat people. I do it too. Walking into the grocery and seeing some 400 lb woman riding around in a scooter shopping cart with her "healthy" whole wheat bread, her WW frozen dinners, bottles of Diet Coke, and a bunch of 100 calorie Snack Packs. I just want to shake her (or even him) and scream at them! But, we must all choose. It took me 44 years to realize that I am killing myself and digging my grave with a fork.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure you actually like those better or is it actually that you like to accomplish something and that the left would feel like "bigger accomplishment"

Because honestly I don't get howyou can lije the left better than the right. But each to their own I guess
    Here is my reasons why I love the ones on the left:

-they look streamlined, light, slender, flashy, wonderful!
    -You can sit any way you want with the legs on the left, and still look slender and beautiful, while with the ones on the right you gotta watch frontal exposure, because the fat will drop down and spread around you like so much dough in a cellophane bag. Gods forbids you sit at a glass-top table! You always have to sit sideways.
    -the ones on the right jiggle and flop and wrinkle when you walk, even if quad is very developed
    -they rub and sweat when you sit between the thighs and worse things (not for a guy to know)
    -when you are in a bathing suit, the legs on the right are bound to sport a bulge on the upper thigh that makes the owner overall appear fatter than the girls on the left; if the gal on the right gains a touch of weight, the buldge will also appear above her knee
    -the legs on the right will be dimpled in cellulite up top
    -the legs on the right will show veins in that extra fat padding
    -the legs on the right will never fit correctly in any pants or skirt - they will always fit incorrect for waist-hip ratio
    -the owner of the legs on the right will never look lithe
    -unless implementing very odd dietary regimen, any loss of weight will result in thighs staying very much the same, while the upper body melts, creating a very unbalanced look

The legs on the rights are a curse as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-16-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Which one do you think looks better?
    My legs currently look very similar to the ones on the right, if not a tad thinner. I can honestly say that I like the legs in the picture on the left better though.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Left, no question. Pretty much my dream legs! No overhang!!!!
    Seriously? The legs on the left are saggy and knobbly and look like they belong to an anorexic person. The legs on the right are athletic, strong and firm, and look so lusciously ripe they want to burst right out of those tiny shorts and spill their sexy all over the place.

-You can sit any way you want with the legs on the left, and still look slender and beautiful, while with the ones on the right you gotta watch frontal exposure, because the fat will drop down and spread around you like so much dough in a cellophane bag. Gods forbids you sit at a glass-top table! You always have to sit sideways.
    -the ones on the right jiggle and flop and wrinkle when you walk, even if quad is very developed
    -they rub and sweat when you sit between the thighs and worse things (not for a guy to know)
    -when you are in a bathing suit, the legs on the right are bound to sport a bulge on the upper thigh that makes the owner overall appear fatter than the girls on the left; if the gal on the right gains a touch of weight, the buldge will also appear above her knee
    -the legs on the right will never fit correctly in any pants or skirt - they will always fit incorrect for waist-hip ratio
    -unless implementing very odd dietary regimen, any loss of weight will result in thighs staying very much the same, while the upper body melts, creating a very unbalanced look

Wow. You think the legs on right are FAT!?!?! Are you freaking kidding me? This whole post just screams body dysmorphia to me. Those legs are lean (for a woman), well-developed and sexy as shit, and I would very much like to see the rest of the woman they belong to. The legs on the left look like they belong to a gawky teenage girl.

If you legitimately want to look like a waif because it will make you happiest, whatever, but if you want to look like that because you think it's sexy (as in, "makes men want to have sex with you"), then you are barking up the wrong tree for 99% of the men you will encounter!
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member

Personally, I thought the ones on the left looked weak and the ones on the right looked strong. I prefer the ones on the right because they look like they could leg press a buick.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    One last thing to add. The more muscular, thicker legs would make a petite woman look stocky. I can see them looking sexy on someone taller with a larger frame. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by CleoCat View Post
    One last thing to add. The more muscular, thicker legs would make a petite woman look stocky. I can see them looking sexy on someone taller with a larger frame. JMHO
    I know plenty of 5'4" something girls with legs that touch each other. Also girls with bones and skin. I know which one I like best and most guys do
    Billie trips balls

http://www.skinnyvscurvy.com/wp-cont...achtenberg.jpg

I could go on, it's prett obvious which one looks better

thick legs

But whatever
    Billie trips balls

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I own a very informative, historical book, called "American Beauty," by Lois Banner. American beauty - Lois W. Banner - Google Books. It spans American women's ideal bodytypes and fashion from the 18th century until the modern era. It's interesting because, she cites political and social climate as reasons for the changes in perspective of the female form. It has fluctuated greatly, throughout the centuries, usually from decade to decade. It's speculated that artists, novelists, and poets were largely responsible for proliferating the ethereal, thin, sickly beautiful heroine image, that kept women wanting to be thin and, well, constantly affecting delicate constitutions for so long. Frail and corseted was associated with Victorian submission.

Then, in conjunction with the Blonde Britain chorus girl image, in conjunction with the advice of doctors that fatter was healthier, and the return to the classical Grecian images of women in art, made it vogue to be the "voluptuous woman." Then the flapper era began and it once more became vogue to be skinny- a look that fit the shift dresses and modernized what it meant to be womanly. A shift again occurred during the 1940s and 1950s, when American women, after the war, returned to the more victorian shape of the small waist, big chest, big hips, reminiscent of the domestic mother. The 1960s rebelled against this female archetype, and an androgynous thinness was in again.

The 1980s brought a short resurgence of the ideal curvy figure, almost Amazonian, in keeping with the idea that an 80s woman could be a sex-symbol, a mother, and a strong corporate competitor. The 1990s, of course, swung back to the 1960s, in rebellion of the 80s, and in revolt against the egotism of 80s fashion (natch), and drew upon the heroin-laced world of grunge-music counter-culture to promote extreme thinness as the new look. Despite many attempts by certain journalists and social organizations to promote a healthy body image to young women and the public, by praising curvy actresses and singers, not much has changed. This may be due, in part, to the growing concerns about the rising levels of obesity. It's probably going to be that after most are very, very thin again for a while, that some revolutionary fashionista, artist, writer, whatever, will decide that curves are ideal, and the pendulum will swing back that way.

Also, if you get a chance, look at old editions of the Hollywood film star vintage magazine "Photoplay." There are many, many photos of an adored, at least size 16 Mae West in very few clothes, and ads on how to get fatter to attract men
    Last edited by Rasputina; 08-16-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast