Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are people so concerned with weight-loss? page 15

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    From what I've seen of what they ate, the ancient Greeks did not fear fruit.
    As far as I know, they had very little sugar in their diet. Olives, grapes and iirc figues, and pretty frugal at that.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    ...since people's IQ isn't written on their forehead, I start by screening with body shape.
    I love it.

Truth; the fact that the USDA food pyramid told you to eat 5 servings of grains has never been an acceptable excuse for why someone is overweight... It's as if Paleo/Primal somehow introduces people to the notion of critical thinking at the same time.
    ad astra per aspera

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I basically get into size 12 and up the moment I start cresting 130 lbs;
    How the hell are you built? I'm 185 and a size 12.....5'6. Granted I carry a lot of muscle in my butt and thighs.

Weight and size is just crazy. I'd expect that if I weighed 130, I'd be a 2.... and that seriously, it would never actually happen.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    At 130 I could probably wear a size 4. The smallest size I own is size 6 and I used to wear these size 6s before I lost the weight, when I weighed 160+lbs. I just have to wear a belt now and I don't have to stretch them out when they come out of the drier. I find it hard to believe that anybody can just wake up 3 lbs heavier or whatever and suddenly wear a size 12 when 30lbs of weight loss doesn't make me unable to wear the same exact clothes I used to wear.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Don't worry, if you are all that, but trying hard to be fit, eat well and gods forbid tell the truth, the same people will tell you that you are obsessive, anorexic and should gain weight so men can like you.

Yeah, good screaming folks, I like and want the legs on the left. I told the truth and told you why. I understand that in your opinion I should express gratitude for your flurry of judgment, insinuations and home-spun psycho-analysis. I am not expressing this gratitude. Neither I experience humbleness, humiliation, a moment of sudden healing and immediate acceptance that my views of a healthy &fit female body are inferior to some other posters'. I know better what's good and right for me. I also do not require a universal or personal approval from anyone to assess my self-worth.
    This is very fair criticism and I apologize because I think I in particular was being an ass to you. Sorry.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    The opposite here. Runners in NW Washington all look disgusting. Mostly bones, sunken eyes, floppy necks from all the muscle wasting. Gray skin - they largely look like zombies.
    I wonder how much of this is due to the fact that running in FL gets you a lot of vitamin D from all the sun, whereas in the Pacific NW you don't get much.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Uncephalized, no hard feelings, everyone gets carried away. Me included.

@Magnolia, sbhikes, you must be much more muscular than I am. I dunno if that is because I swam competitively till I was 12, or just fat-on-bone body type. Who the heck knows.

Yep, most people think I look fragile at my weight, but yeah, at 150 lbs I was size 14-16, and at 125 lbs I am about size 6-8, and it takes 118-120 lbs for me to get into Size 4. Size 2 is virtually impossible for me, & I don't think my skeleton would fit into Size 0. That's from waist down. Waist up, I am a 34B, so can do size 2-4 up to 130 almost.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-22-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    How the hell are you built? I'm 185 and a size 12.....5'6. Granted I carry a lot of muscle in my butt and thighs.

Weight and size is just crazy. I'd expect that if I weighed 130, I'd be a 2.... and that seriously, it would never actually happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    At 130 I could probably wear a size 4. The smallest size I own is size 6 and I used to wear these size 6s before I lost the weight, when I weighed 160+lbs. I just have to wear a belt now and I don't have to stretch them out when they come out of the drier. I find it hard to believe that anybody can just wake up 3 lbs heavier or whatever and suddenly wear a size 12 when 30lbs of weight loss doesn't make me unable to wear the same exact clothes I used to wear.
    Right now, I'm 5'6" and about 160 pounds. Back in CW days, I looked just right at 140, but when I eat this way, I look the same at 145. It's weird.

I was 125 back in high school and went up to 130 when I started playing sports, but I see picture of that now and I look like a tweaker. No thanks.

But no matter how lean I get, I will always wear a size large blouse, and I'm only a B cup, so it ain't that. It's just frame size. Bones is bones.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Luce is offline Senior Member
    I get to size zero, no fat and looking as unhealthy as one can be. I can go from size zero to size six/eight overnight, depending of what I drink/eat, fluid load is something unbelievably unnerving. If I get a bad month and my hormones get crazy because of stress or some extra sugar or the sort I even get fluid to accumulate in my lungs. I find this to be really annoying and would like to know if anyone else has this swings.

Luce
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

i'm 130ish and a UK size 12 as per the table on this page:
    Clothing sizes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

some clothes i'm a size 4. it really depends on the brand.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast