Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are people so concerned with weight-loss? page 10

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I think most of us would like to look good naked. Funny thing is, it's still kind of a head game sometimes. The Boyfriend thinks I look good naked. Why? Because I'm naked. That's it. Naked woman = happiness, as far as he's concerned, and unless I somehow get morbidly obese (which is another way I'm not set up genetically), he's happy with me at any weight. BUT! In my head, I still don't want him to see me naked with a belly. Even though he expressly wants to see me naked. It's stupid.
    Very true! My husband seems to think I look good naked. I happen to disagree . It just so happens we have VERY DIFFERENT ideas of what it means to LGN . It's a bit tragic really, cause for me to have MY ideal figure, is for me NOT to have my husband's ideal female figure.

Still... I wasn't put on this earth for the sole purpose of making him happy and he hasn't been all that phased by excessive weight gain, and I guess me getting to MY ideal won't phase him that much either.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Because I could have a PhD, find the cure for cancer, have a brilliant mate, and three perfect children all attending Princeton, Harvard, and Stanford. But even if I had all that, if I weighed 200 pounds, half the men in the room (or more) would still only see a "fat chick."

Mamchibi is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Because I could have a PhD, find the cure for cancer, have a brilliant mate, and three perfect children all attending Princeton, Harvard, and Stanford. But even if I had all that, if I weighed 200 pounds, half the men in the room (or more) would still only see a "fat chick."
    Yup. Half the men and three-quarters of the women would see you that way. And one big-mouthed idiot would tell you all about how you deserve it and you're a fat slob, too.
    please be patient with me, i'm a newbie.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    I also think fashion has a lot to body dissatisfaction. Even when I was a UK size 12 (us8) I could walk into a shop, try on things in my size and come out in tears convinced I was a fat blob. Partly due to being short and skinnyfat and not having a fashionable body shape even when slim, (i.e. I have boobs and larger thighs), partly poor design, partly due to being cut and made cheaply. Women come in so many different shapes and sizes, yet fashion is designed for women who look like models who look better with clothes that make them look bigger and those styles then work down into the high street. It can be very disheartening to try on loads of things but not find anything that flatters you. You think 'if I just lost a few pounds it I could wear anything I want' which isn't true and then sets you up to starve and binge following CW diet advise.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    So true!

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Your body is always striving to reach its optimum weight. If you feed it correctly it will eventually adjust to your natural healthy weight. If you are eating primal, still obese and not loosing weight, chances are you are consuming too many calories and may need to reign in the amount of food you are eating with a bit of portion control. (or you may have some metabolic challenge and may need to see your doctor). I see nothing wrong with monitoring weight and or body fat %, macro nutrient content and net calories in the first few months of your Paleo/Primal diet to ensure you are moving to a healthy body fat/weight level.

Also monitor how you feel. "If you feel run down, lethargic, unhappy, your workouts are suffering, you struggle to get out of bed, you’re putting on a little extra weight around the waist, etc., etc., etc., you may be suffering from some manner of systemic, low-grade inflammation. Conversely, if you’re full of energy, generally pleased and/or content with life, killing it in the gym, bounding out of bed, lean as ever or on your way there, and your sex drive is powerful and age appropriate, you’re probably good." - Good advice from Mark.
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-19-2012 at 11:28 AM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I once heard that walking into a room as a woman (and being judged on your weight) was roughly the equivalent of a man walking into a room with his salary tattooed on his forehead.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    if you’re full of energy, generally pleased and/or content with life, killing it in the gym, bounding out of bed, lean as ever or on your way there, and your sex drive is powerful and age appropriate, you’re probably good." - Good advice from Mark.
    Gosh I can get all that except the bold part. Maybe not the sex part either. So wtf is the matter with me?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Gosh I can get all that except the bold part. Maybe not the sex part either. So wtf is the matter with me?
    Probably nothing, the sex part emphasizes age appropriate and your down 30 lbs, which is actually pretty dam impressive.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll bet anything I'm not as lean as Mark or as randy.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast