Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Price of Ground Beef Hits Record High page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It's not just the prices of meat, etc. I'm just so appalled at the bald faced thuggery that is my government. It's like some perverted Robin Hood stealing from the working class to give to the corporations. sigh...

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    It's not just the prices of meat, etc. I'm just so appalled at the bald faced thuggery that is my government. It's like some perverted Robin Hood stealing from the working class to give to the corporations. sigh...
    I hear ya. I'm looking at a 2 year wage freeze because I work public sector, and the gov't needs money to pay back the bail out loans they gave private sector. Even though I'm paid less for my job than private sector. The next few years are going to be very tough, way more so than during the "recession". Even if we strike, the gov't has stated they will just legislate us back to work.

I'm already pretty creative at making ends meet, but with the price of everything going up so fast, it's going to get really tight.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    wait, this is a democratic government in power when did they start jerking off big business?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    wait, this is a democratic government in power when did they start jerking off big business?
    Well if you're a business owner, you didn't build it according to them
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Democrat = Republican = Tea Party = Whore. All are bought. You and I are the fall out. If you really think any "party" in this country gives a crap about you and me (the taxpayer), I suggest you search the definition of "cognitive disonance."

Peace, baby.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    I'm not Canadian, but I'm preparing to move to Uruguay. Which, btw, is where Wegmans gets its grass fed beef. Ooops...wait a minute. Don't think my fiancee would appreciate my inviting you along, so never mind. lol
    That's interesting. We're planning on moving to Ecuador (most likely) in the next couple of years, although I've been looking at Uruguay as well. I was hoping that there would be a source of pastured meats although I have a feeling that I could probably find small farmers who aren't necessarily doing the eco thing but rather that's just how they raise their animals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12