quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    SIGH

Water Immersion 99.9% accurate

DEXA Scan 95%Accurate

BodPod 92% accurate

everything else is shit....

as much as 25 - 40 % inaccurate.

when you weight NOTHING ( no offense ) that is a huge margin of error.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I'll take a closer look at my eating, I made an effort to eat higher carbs on training days, but I was alone with two kids during my husbands deployment that I really didn't take the time I should have to track everything. I'm taking a break now due to moving to a new state, and I feel like I'm so bloated and just gross. I always feel better when I'm working out regularly.

It's really hard to not check my body fat % in any way because right now my goal is to get below 20%. I'll just have to buy some calipers and do the test myself. I know I can see changes in my body and my clothes fit better, but I also like knowing that my body looks like X when I'm at Y body fat %

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you feel bloated and gross - I am just coming out of that state (a combo of FOODMAPs and sugar cleans), and hate it, and yeah, I also hear you about not tracking everything. You can always put together a few pre-made food plans and follow them on the busy days. Or not track at all, if you use similar quantities of swappable foods (chicken vs salmon vs liver for supper; always 3 eggs with 1 c egg whites for breakfast etc). It really helped me with Ultimate Diet.

As for your goal, you can always change it to something less frustrating to measure, like your inches at whatever place you want to decrease/increase, and taking candid camera shots every month or two from front, back and side. When you like what you see, BINGO! Perfect fat % whatever it is I don't even know what the heck my weight and BF goal is, I just know I want flat stomach, visible bump for my delts and slender thighs as defined by me when I look in the mirror.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    I like the pictures idea, that way I'm seeing results in a different perspective. I really love the idea of pre-made food plans. I am really good at food planning and this will be easy to incorporate. I have a hard time with easy though, because a lot of easy meals end up having to be re-heated in the microwave and my taste buds are super sensitive and can taste a slight taste change.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I forever turn leftovers into soups & love recipes that get better the next day (bortsh!)

Good luck!!!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12