Thread: starving, needed something NOW page

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, the only thing I can think of is that almond milk is fairly high in sugar, If I'm not mistaken. But you definitely shouldn't worry about fat. I cook my eggs in bacon grease, and eat hunks of cheddar dipped in any extra fat that accumulates from said bacon if I don't make eggs with it. And yet I'm losing weight faster than ever!

Anyway, I'd ditch the almond milk, but it's probably fine to drink if you aren't trying to lose weight.

jermicide is offline Member

was going to try IF. ate a salad for dinner last night, woke up feeling great. by noon I had a headache, stomach was upset, giving me the dry heaves, coffee on an empty stomach was not a great idea..

I threw together a shake of whey protein, almond milk, and coconut cream. 23g protein from the powder, 8oz of almond milk, and a quarter cup of coconut cream. Probably way too high in fat in retrospect. Any thoughts on the shake, good/bad/indifferent? tasted great! haha

I've got a chicken carcass in the stewpot for tonight, already fleshed it, the cooked chicken waiting to be added back. Onion, celery, carrots, garlic, salt, pepper and a bit of cider vinegar in there with the bones & skin simmering away all day, can't wait!

jermicide is offline Member
    this is unsweetened almond milk, no sugar

Get Primal is offline Junior Member

Not sure why it would be too high in fat. I feed my son smoothies with 1/2 can of coconut milk, 1 scoop whey protein, and a little frozen fruit. Tastes fantastic and is better for him than anything else he eats. I typically don't eat fruit but once in a while I have to indulge and double the recipe so we can split it

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

doesnt sound to high in fat!!!!!!! especially with the carbs in it... if i am stuck in a I NEED SOMETHING NOW feeling i drink cream... works like a charm