Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: April Challenge Journal- DiabetesCanKissMyButt page

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Starting a fresh journal for the April challenge that seems to be floating around. Trying to get in the right mind-set. Probly won't join the other thread though.

I think I will take all my stats- weight, measurements, and fasting blood sugars on April 1. Then I don't plan to weigh again till May 1 but I will post fasting sugars most days. Want to get away from the scale mentality.

My goals for April:

No dairy

No chocolate

No wine

Keep it to meat and veggies as much as possible.

Exercise 6 days a week even if it's just a walk.

Let go of insecurities and inhibitions.

Rock on.

Beefsister is offline Senior Member

Good luck reaching your goals! I'm happy you're trying to get healthier!

Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Awesome DC! I'm with ya on the exercise, the new treadmill has been awesome to just walk on. No excuse for sitting on my ass anymore

I'm not doing any sort of strict challenge in April, but maybe I'll add in a few goals to my journal, like walking every day and especially every day after dinner. More moving slowly ya know.

Good luck with the no chocolate, I'm not even gonna try that ;P

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Is that an emoticon I see up there! Cool! glad you are enjoying your treadmill.

Thanks, beefsister :-)

DH has decided he is going to do the April challenge with me so that will make this so much easier. He is notorious for buying big costco bags of chips and chips are my nemisis.

I don't think the no chocolate will be a problem....it's the wine I'm worried about!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome that your husband is joining in! It will definitely help not having "his" temptations around, and maybe y'all can go for walks together and stuff.
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

DebFM is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great - especially with the hubs along. It makes it so much easier with an in-house buddy (or competition, as the case may be!).

Okay I have some stats- measurements that is. Will post weight and blood sugar tomorrow morning.

Height- 5'6.5"
    Waist- 32
    Chest- 37
    Hips- 41
    Right thigh- 21.5
    Left thigh- 21.5
    Right arm- 11.5
    Left arm- 11.5

Medications: metformin, loestrin, and lunesta (don't judge me).
    Supplements: cod liver oil, B complex, Vit D, magnesium

Food today: chocolate/blueberry protein shake, chicken curry salad, pickled eggs, green salad with blue cheese dressing, and meatballs.
    Last edited by DiabetesCanKissMyButt; 03-31-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Ohh... you just reminded me. I should do measurements. I'll do them tomorrow morning, if I get up early enough to not be late for work- lol.

That's so cool hubs is participating with you! You both are going to do great having each other to be accountable to. Yay for hubs being so supportive! You got yourself a good one.

Cool

I just now discovered the advance button to get to the smilies. And you can rate threads! That's so cool.

Weight: 146.5
    Fasting blood sugar: 94

So I won't be weighing again till May 1. I have thought it over and realize that I use the scale sort of as permission to eat like crap. I'll weigh and then be like oh my weight is really good so now I will go eat a fistfull of chocolate or 5 slices of pizza. So the goal is just to be primal and be ambivalent about weight.

The plan foodwise today: scrambled eggs in butter with mushrooms and salsa, chicken curry salad, meatballs in coconut oil, green salad with tomato and olive oil/vinegar. Almost the same as yesterday.

Exercise today: will walk for 1 hour on my treadmill after work. It's pouring cats and dogs today.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast