Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poll for the girls page 3

byebyecw Guest

Primal Fuel

Seriously, this is going to be more help than I even thought it would be.

@Athena: Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Yum. Thanks.

Does anyone know if coconut milk is as good for weight loss as coco oil? I have a fabulous coco milk drink. I get the Celestial Seasonings Bengal Tea. It is mostly cinnamon and naturally sweet. I swear, it saved my life when I gave up sugar. I brew it double strength and drink it whenever I have a sugar craving. And, when I want an extra treat, I add 1-2 T of coco milk. It is delicious.

It makes me happy to read about so many women (and men) losing fat and getting healthy after so many years of CW misery. Yea for us!

FairyRae2 Guest

[quote]

I get the Celestial Seasonings Bengal Tea. It is mostly cinnamon and naturally sweet. I swear, it saved my life when I gave up sugar. I brew it double strength and drink it whenever I have a sugar craving. And, when I want an extra treat, I add 1-2 T of coco milk. It is delicious.</blockquote>

Sounds divine!

Coconut milk is part coconut oil, and I&#39;d think it does similar things as coconut oil...

shastagirl Guest

5&#39;9 was 155 pounds last summer

im down to 136 now. the initial 10 came off very quickly. stalled a little until i got to 140. then a long time was spent at 140 during the winter and i wasnt exactly the 80/20 rule of food which probably stalled me for longer, but now its getting a little warmer out im out and exercising again and following my meal plans more closely and i dropped another 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

I&#39;m 51, 5-9, between 146-150 pounds currently.

Started PB at the beginning of last August, after doing WW for 6 months, losing 20 pounds (probably mostly muscle). Severe metabolic syndrome. Crashed and burned on WW, then put 15 pounds right back on :-(

Lost six my first week of PB (that&#39;s how screwed up my body was), lost the visceral fat and muffin top.

Then the weight loss slowed down a lot, which is fine. I&#39;m going to be patient with my body, and give it a while to heal up from all the bad things I did to it.

I&#39;d like to lose about another ten pounds of fat, and put on another five pounds of muscle to replace what I lost on WW.

But, it&#39;s all good. I feel terrific :-D

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    im 5`6, 29 yo, about 126 - 128lbs.
    i was lowcarbing for years before going primal about 3 y ago and struggling to lose the last 5 pounds or so. and the thing for me has been going almost carnivore. im as lean as ive never been before and my lifts are getting stronger all the time... just wanted to say that carnivore can work for women too.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eva View Post
    im 5`6, 29 yo, about 126 - 128lbs.
    i was lowcarbing for years before going primal about 3 y ago and struggling to lose the last 5 pounds or so. and the thing for me has been going almost carnivore. im as lean as ive never been before and my lifts are getting stronger all the time... just wanted to say that carnivore can work for women too.
    Hey Eva, i have been thinking of going pretty much carnivore for a few weeks to see if it triggers my weightloss again. Could you post your typical day's menu? Im having issues figuring out exactly how much to eat. We are the same height and you are at my goal weight, it would be much appreciated!

DebFM is offline Senior Member
    Hey byebye! Good for you for trying the PB! One thing I've noticed after cutting out grains & sugar is that my body seemed to start some kind of re-compositioning. I'll loose very little scale weight but shrink quite a bit. From October to January I weighed the same but went down a whole clothing size. I was a real slacker with the exersizing, too. My best advice is to go by clothes fit, use a tape measure once every month to 6 weeks or get a scale that measures body fat % as well as straight weight.

As of late I've really started to exercise with a weight loss of only 5# but I've gone down almost a whole clothing size again and there's a visible loss of tummy fat (YEA!!!!!).

Good luck & keep with the PB!!

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    @athena:
    i eat warriordiet style on weekdays and on weekends i usually have 2 meals
    a typical weekday:
    might have coffe with double cream for breakfast.
    i work out around 16-17.00 and eat around 19.00 - usually about a pound - 1,5 lbs of meat/fish/ fowl (pork belly, steak, smoked salmon, lambchops, meatballs, stews of all kinds, roast chicken, bonebroth with the meat,marinated fish, liver, heart) sometimes i have some salad (spinach/avocado) with it. It never gets boring- theres so much one can do with meat.
    a typical weekend day: breakfast - 3 eggs fried in bacon fat + 5-7 pieces of bacon, some aged cheese, cucumber, coffe with double cream.
    dinner: similar as on a weekday + some red wine, maybe some 85% chocolate.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    My weight loss has been very slow, but steady. I'm down almost twenty pounds since starting in January - the first 5-6 were very quick, but I stalled out completely at the end of February. I weigh myself every day, which is probably an issue I just don't want to deal with right now, & when I was starting to get frustrated, I had to really realize that hey, it's going down, even if it doesn't seem like the big drops that some people have.

I hear you about the guys - it can get depressing reading about their 30 pound drops in one month on PB. Must be nice.

I was only able to bust through my plateau by IFing once a week or so & cutting down on the fruit. I really took a good look at what I was eating & was taking far too many indulgences too often. Since about three weeks ago, I've really been focusing on eating meat & veggies with lots of fat - I'm not as hungry & can skip meals or just eat less, & that's when the weight has really starting dropping.

Good luck!

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    @eva thank you! i am going to try this!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast