Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stationary bike sprints page 2

Beef Cake is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sometimes I do Tabata sprints and other times I do 20 minute HIIT method. Tabata's kick my butt so I tend to gravitate toward the 20 minute HIIT method.

I warm up for 3 minutes gradually increasing the intensity after each minute going from low to medium intensity. On my bike, that is about 50 rpms to 65 rpms.
    Minute 4 - I jump up to High intensity and pump about 85 rpms.
    Minute 5 - I lower back to about a level 4 on a scale of 1-10, about 60-65 rpms.
    Minute 6 - I jump back up to about a level 9 on a 1-10 scale, doing about 85 rpms
    Minute 7 - I lower back to about a level 4 on a scale of 1-10, about 60-65 rpms.
    Minute 8 - I jump up to a level 10 all out effort on a scale of 1-10, Don't know rpms because I am too focused on peddling as fast as I can
    Minute 9 - I lower back to about a level 4 on a scale of 1-10, about 60-65 rpms.
    Minute 10 - I jump up to a level 10 all out effort on a scale of 1-10, Don't know rpms because I am too focused on peddling as fast as I can
    Minute 11 - My thighs are burning, my breath is heavy - I lower back to about a level 4 on a scale of 1-10, about 60-65 rpms.
    Minute 12 - Reluctantly, I jump up to a level 10 all out effort on a scale of 1-10, Don't know rpms because I am too focused on peddling as fast as I can
    Minute 13 - I'm thankful for the rest - I lower back to about a level 4 on a scale of 1-10, about 60-65 rpms.
    Minute 14 - Is the worst - I jump up to a level 10 all out effort on a scale of 1-10, Don't know rpms because I am too focused on peddling as fast as I can
    Minute 15 - I want to quit - I lower back to about a level 4 on a scale of 1-10, about 60-65 rpms and struggle with thoughts of that's good enough
    Minute 16 - I garner strength and focus - I jump back up to about a level 9 on a 1-10 scale, doing about 85 rpms
    Minute 17 - I'm tired, but in the zone - I lower back to about a level 4 on a scale of 1-10, about 60-65 rpms
    Minute 18 - I want to cry as the pain ensues...but I see the finish line - I jump back up to about a level 9 on a 1-10 scale, doing about 85 rpms
    Minute 19 - I am almost done - I lower back to about a level 4 on a scale of 1-10, about 60-65 rpms
    Minute 20 - Feeling proud of myself for continuing on - I lower back to about a level 3 on a scale of 1-10, about 50 rpms

Done. If I am feeling particularly strong that day, I may even continue peddling for another 15-20 minutes on a level 3 at about 45-50 rpms to really get a sweat going.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Been a while since this was posted. Wondering how everyone is doing with this.

I've been out of the gym for a while and need to find a way back into it. My knees don't like me much these days and I figure hitting the bike is going to be better than running. Several easy rides through the week, but maybe one (or two) sprint sessions a week to get things burning.

You all having success with this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12