Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw foodism is silly. Here's why... page 9

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Well, I'd personally love to have her body composition.
    I'd love to have her body composition on top of my body composition.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Interesting. I paused the video as it panned and counted items. Where things were piled I assumed that I could see half of the produce and doubled the number, unless she specifically stated a number. If divided evenly across a week, this is what she is eating per day (I rounded, sometimes up, sometimes down):

1/2 watermelon(4)
    1 pint dates(8)
    7 figs(48)
    2 zucchini(16)
    6 apricots(42)
    9 okra(60)
    6 oranges(40)
    22 roma tomatoes(164)
    1 cucumber (8)
    1 lemon (10)
    5 nectarines(36)
    1/4 avocado (2)
    1/4 coconut (2)
    1/2C pecans(4C)
    1 bunch kale (8)
    3 1/2 pints berries (24)
    1 bunch herbs(7)
    2 1/2 apples (18)
    2 bunches kale (12)
    1/4 bunch spinach (2)
    1/4 bunch romaine (2)
    1C grapes (6C)
    1 pint cherry tomatoes (7)

If anyone is quick at punching in the numbers, I would be very interested to see what her macros are. (Too fiddly for me to do.)

If she's happy with it, and feeling good, that's great. But as she has posted it publicly, and I'm not running into her kitchen to snoop, I feel free to comment.

She looks a little too thin to me, especially considering that the camera adds weight. (I couldn't help wondering if all those bracelets were hiding some seriously scrawny wrists.)

The two things that struck me the most are:
    How long does it take to eat all that? Does she have time for anything besides eating? Mercy!
    What does her blood sugar look like? She has youth on her side now, but what is happening to her insides?

Also, I had to laugh when she called the number of bananas she is eating 'very few' (because she is enjoying more of the watery fruits in summer time). Six bananas a day!

And, the veg:fruit ratio is 8:12 (leaving out the avocado, coconut, and nuts, which I am assuming she is eating for the fats). And that is just in number of items. By poundage she is consuming at least 6 times the amount of fruit as veg. No wonder she feels great- she's on a sugar high all day long.

The spread looks wonderful (who can't appreciate the beauty of nature's bounty) but there's nothing here to make me think being a raw foodist is for me.
    you must have overestimated her supply.
    veganmacros.jpg

i'm not sure why the image is so small. but that's 6124 calories, 155g protein, 111g fat, 1323 g carbs (218 g fiber), 71 mg iron, 0 mcg vitamin B12, and 0 IU of vitamin D3 just to name a few.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 08-22-2012 at 10:54 AM.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    But, also in her latest video you can see she runs a lot of stuff through a juicer (all the rage these days, aren't they?) so she's skipping out on a lot of the actual food. That makes more sense, now. If she actually ate those fruits and vegetables I'm sure she wouldn't need nearly as much. I repeat: what a waste!
    Fucking extreme juicing infuriates me, because of the waste, and because you process the fuck of out something - maybe, just maybe if you "need" to juice it to "get all the nutrients" you should just eat something more nutrient dense to begin with, but why bother with logic when you have a moral brigade? Veganism is for privileged people that have the cushy option to say no to things.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Veganism is for privileged people that have the cushy option to say no to things.
    lol, and paleo isn't?

i don't know about you, but i've been inspired to eat a BAS. yay for extreme diets making me feel like i've got choices!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    lol, and paleo isn't?

i don't know about you, but i've been inspired to eat a BAS. yay for extreme diets making me feel like i've got choices!
    Well yeah, but we're righter than they are!

Also, I mean more like they have enough choices of non-meat than other, less privileged people do. This shit just can't happen with people that have less money, by force they have to seek more calorie dense food.

You could be pretty broke and do paleo, look at me! you can't go all grass fed, etc, of course, but still. I know veggies aren't super expensive, but at the volume she's buying I would assume she's spending way more than I am.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    In five O3 eggs, an oz of Brazil nuts and coconut butter. I tried pure fats, and 800 cals into it, but by lunch I was starved out of my mind and running for protein. I don't like all the chemicals & salt that go into bacon and pork has far too much O6. Whenever we have roast pork or chicken in skin, I baloon up by like 2-3 lbs the next day from overeating. I can eat tons of fatty meats and feel hungry. I can easily eat half of 4 lbs roast chicken with skin and bones, and that's for dinner after having good 800 cals during the day! And be hungry and want a bunch of veggies and fruit to go with it.
    1. The 2-3 lb. "baloon"-ing is almost all water weight. No one gains 2-3 lbs. of fat in one day.
    2. Eating half a bone-in skin-on roast chicken with fruit and veggies for dinner sounds perfectly reasonable.

It sounds like you're making your eating way more restricted and complicated than it needs to be. I know you're always striving to be leaner; I think that's a good goal to a certain degree. But from reading your posts, I think you're being too hard on yourself.

natro is offline Junior Member
    'most of the world'? Joke! Most of the world drinks RAW milk! Most of the west you mean...I don't currently drink raw either as my cows are dried up while I'm busy making babies, but I find unhomogenised rather than unpasteurised does the job. If you were in the UK I could give you the name of a brand that is pastuerised but unhomogenised and tastes and acts as near as having your own jersey as you can get! (for uk peeps that brand is Gold Top by QMP - Quality Milk Producers, they get a fair price too)

As for pretty - I'm not as thin as her, but I don't aspire to be. I'm naturally a curvier build and I'm a workhorse, if I got that thin it would be too extreme and I have a hard day's work to do. I become more happier with my weight the more paleo I do, but I keep my strength and energy levels. 'Pretty' is subjective, again I'm happy with me and don't aspire to be like that girl. I could wear make up and splash on some fake tan but...nyeh, doesn't appeal, I'm comfortable as me!
    16st @ heaviest (during pregnancy, 15st5 outside pregnancy) 8wks in - down to 13st5
    Goal - size 14, breaking that 13st barrier! 27/08/12 - fitting into some sz 14 things!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I have to agree on juicing. Even when I make carrot juice, I use pulp in a souffle.

1. The 2-3 lb. "baloon"-ing is almost all water weight. No one gains 2-3 lbs. of fat in one day.
    2. Eating half a bone-in skin-on roast chicken with fruit and veggies for dinner sounds perfectly reasonable.
    It is not, if you consider that on a normal day I can eat a bowl of salmon heads and trimmings soup, choke full of salmon, skin, bone and white fish with 1 head of bok-choi, a bit of coconut milk and couple of cups of shredded cabbage with balsamic, and I am full, happy, not trying to eat everything in sight and not having a 3 lb bulge on the scale overnight. I am clearly overeating when I go for chicken and fruit, while eating exactly what I need of salmon. I am working on my mindful eating skills right now so I am becoming so much more aware of the way I eat, and I am not stopping when I am full if the food is palatable + a whole slew of emotional issues causes extra eating and sugar is the second culprit after grains in shutting off the fullness trigger.

Gods, I really am too fond of talking about myself.

As for the Vegan Lady: I do not know if she does have or will develop problems. At a glance she seems pretty happy and healthy and her foods looks super-appetizing if she eats them whole. Who knows, maybe she is in a like 30% who tolerate carbs well and an exo. If not, I think she seems like a person who is willing to experiment, and hopefully she will change her diet if she falls sick. I did, when CW or Anabolic diets made me sick.

I'm not as thin as her
    Thank you. So, those who have similar aspiration to yours can follow your model to a successful end. Those who want to be lean and lithe might need to look for a different answer.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-22-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Rojo is online now Senior Member
    I'm with Daydreamer, her body composition is "meh". But a lot of you gals seem to want to go there for some reason.

But my tastes run more Christina Hendricks than Shape Magazine cover.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I gotta get me that Shape magazine... I saw some pretty cool gals in the Her Muscle and Fitness 101 Book, but I have never really read Shape or Oxygen.

My ideal was always the Russian ballet dancers or circus acrobats. or something like that 15% gal:

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast