Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw foodism is silly. Here's why... page 5

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been thinking ..
    Do you think she was always that dumb or that her idiocy is the result of her "nutritional experience?"

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    The pure fats made me hungry also!!!!! And I cannot eat chicken unless it truly is free range and no hormones or antibioctics etc! It causes me massive inflammation and unsatiable hunger. I can only get quality chicken at one place here and it is $15 dollars per skinny chicken!!! So we don't eat much chicken. I can get wild fish as we live on the ocean, and I eat the cheaper, leaner cuts of grassfed beef and lamb because it is what we can afford. My fat comes from grass-fed butter and dairy and avocados (abundance here). I do cook with minimal coconut oil and we do have real quality bacon every great while. I had a lot of posters telling me to eat more fat back when and I did it until I reached almost 220 again then said frack it!!. I cannot do all of that fat. does not work for me.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    That's amazing weight loss!!!!

When I started, eating over 30% fat was making me sick. The smell of butter made me sick. I did low fat diet before, and had never craved fat. In fact I love skim dairy and low fat cats MORE than full fat stuff. I never crave chocolate or ice-cream, but always crave fruit. Now I am about 50% calories from fat.

I have organic raw hard cheese here, the only organic raw product, but since I am trying to clean up sugars from the system, I am doing dairy free atm (as well as all sweeteners, and almost all starchy veggies out too, I do have a sweet potato dehydrated chip once in a while though or a slice of beet!). I will put it back in when I am done with 6 weeks of no sugars and see if it increases appetite or I binge on it (I tend to binge...).

The only time I was not feeling ravenous on reasonable amount of cals was when i was not touching anything sweet. That doesn't mean i don't crave fruit, unfortunately
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Best of luck I will be thinking of you and sending you the most positive vibes possible. Don't ever give up your answer is out there

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Interesting to hear that low-fat works for some people.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    yeah, that whole 'everybody's different' thing
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Over the next 90 minutes, I want to show you that all of your problems can be solved with my penis.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the same boat! Constantly hungry and thinking about food! I very rarely feel satisfied. It's very frustrating. I'm going to keep tinkering around with what I'm eating. There is now way to make eggs a satisfying breakfast, I'm going to try greek yogurt for a few days. I think a bit more fruit and less fat might work better for me... we'll see, but right now I'm miserable.
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Doesn't it seem like higher fat works better for most guys or younger women who are really athletic? I have been doing research on the fact that the hormone ghrenlin (causes hunger) is activated by fat and the PYY hormone stops hunger (activated by protein) So besides the reading research I have been playing with some food experiments also. Trying to get a grasp on it.

Basically eating higher fats makes some (mostly women) people HUNGRY as in starving.. If we get to hungry we will eat until we can't fit anything else in without popping!!! Whereas even the protein at this point cannot help! But if the fat is stored fat that is the activator then it can be stopped with quality protein in smaller amounts! Not sure if that makes sense and like I said I am still playing with the research.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Doesn't it seem like higher fat works better for most guys or younger women who are really athletic?
    I'm 31 yrs old. Personally, if I don't eat enough fat (from animal sources mainly), I find myself to be very very hungry. When I eat lower-fat, I crave crappy foods such as chips, popcorn, breads etc, etc..... So, I try to stay high fat

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    I'm 31 yrs old. Personally, if I don't eat enough fat (from animal sources mainly), I find myself to be very very hungry. When I eat lower-fat, I crave crappy foods such as chips, popcorn, breads etc, etc..... So, I try to stay high fat
    I don't really mean low-fat as in CW standards, just not as high fat as some people can do on PB. and yes you are a young un to me I still without a doubt eat my fats and my favorites come from my grass-fed lamb and beef and butters! Then I follow with coconut oil, and avocado. I just don't strive for more if that makes sense. I never crave anything anymore except liver or protein!!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast