Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw foodism is silly. Here's why... page 4

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's about 1/2 cup of berries or half a fruit a day, and I can't do it. I eat too much the moment I put one in my mouth. Look, I was picking choke-cherries as i was passing the trees another day subconsciously, and if I did not stop, I could have put away > 1/2 cup of bloody choke-cherries in the bloody park in a flash!

It increases my appetite like crazy, making me overeat. Paleo/primal has that false advertizement that you 'will eat fresh meats, vegetables and fruit!' But then it turns out that:

--> you feel miserable in a 'gray' zone of carbohydrates
    --> you have miserable amount of veggies to stay in the 'happy' carb zone
    --> fat increases your caloric count by huge amount for tiny-tiny volumes

= I am hungry, hungry, hungry and feel like I am barely ate anything today after 5 eggs with a cup of egg whites (and I probably cheated and had more, that will be obvious tomorrow!), an oz of nuts (brazil), a baby cucumber and a baby tomato and a tbsp of coconut oil. Oh, and some roast seaweed. It's 2 pm, and I barely starting to feel a bit satiated, and I was hungry since I got up at 4.... That's why I was hanging around the forum all day. F'ing hungry.

All I have left is a bit of liver and a couple cups of cauliflower with 1/2 cup coconut milk. One heck of a dinner.

I am almost maxed out on carbs, and maxed out on calories... it feels like barely any food!!!

Now, that gal there has 1/2 a watermelon a day plus a basket of other fruit and veggies, if she was just eating veggies....From where I am sitting, I want her food! Bananas, watermelons, and without the obligatory fat or protein attached. Holy molly, and she is thin and I am fat.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-15-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    It's about 1/2 cup of berries or half a fruit a day, and I can't do it. I eat too much the moment I put one in my mouth. Look, I was picking choke-cherries as i was passing the trees another day subconsciously, and if I did not stop, I could have put away > 1/2 cup of bloody choke-cherries in the bloody park in a flash!

It increases my appetite like crazy, making me overeat. Paleo/primal has that false advertizement that you 'will eat fresh meats, vegetables and fruit!' But then it turns out that:

--> you feel miserable in a 'gray' zone of carbohydrates
    --> you have miserable amount of veggies to stay in the 'happy' carb zone
    --> fat increases your caloric count by huge amount for tiny-tiny volumes

= I am hungry, hungry, hungry and feel like I am barely ate anything today after 5 eggs with egg whites, an oz of nuts (brazil), a baby cucumber and a baby tomato and a tbsp of coconut oil. Oh, and some roast seaweed. It's 2 pm, and I barely starting to feel a bit satiated. That's why I was hanging around the forum all day. F'ing hungry.

All I have left is a bit of liver and a couple cups of cauliflower with 1/2 cup coconut milk. One heck of a dinner.

I am almost maxed out on carbs, and maxed out on calories... it feels like barely any food!!!
    This^ I so relate to this!! I was having the worst time and binging incessently until I decided to actually follow my bodies signals staying within the frame. I eat 0 grains, legumes. But I eat fruit if I am craving it, any veggies I want badly and all of the grassfed meat I want. I have found a local source in Santa Barbara for raw dairy so I am eating that also. What happened was after ballooning up to well over 200 lbs trying to be as restrictive as I could, I suddenly melted!!! Reached my goal weight and went under and now am easily maintaining with no counting, no curbing and no eliminating justifiable good foods. What seemed to make the biggest difference for me was eating only grasse-fed meat and dairy (i know some believe it doesn't matter but for me it did) and eating when I am truly hunger which is apparently from 2 pm all the way until about 9 PM most days!! I start out with a smallish meal until DH comes home and we eat a well rounded dinner then I snack if I feel like until around 8-9 each night. The difference has been amazing.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pf3 View Post
    I never realized how ridiculous the raw food diet actually is until I saw this video. Look at the quantity of stuff required per week! This is just madness. Feel free to fast forward to the 1:00 mark.

OK, I watched it for a second.
    I think that the combined IQ of all vegans/raw foodists of the world is -50.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    There are a number of folks on the interwebs who have ditched veganism (and raw veganism) for health reasons, so it's not really new news that this kind of thing is bad for you!

Sweetly Raw: Coming Out - My World Upside Down, To Right Side Up

A Former Vegan confesses how Veganism was destroying her health
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

She's so happy with herself though that its kinda cute right?

Unfortunately, when I eat all the grass-fed meat, fruit and vegetables I want, I baloon up and up and up. We don't have raw dairy here, so I gave it up for now just in case. And I am hungry from the moment i wake up till I go to bed.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Where's your fat? Swap out your grass-fed meat for bacon for a week and see how you do.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

In five O3 eggs, an oz of Brazil nuts and coconut butter. I tried pure fats, and 800 cals into it, but by lunch I was starved out of my mind and running for protein. I don't like all the chemicals & salt that go into bacon and pork has far too much O6. Whenever we have roast pork or chicken in skin, I baloon up by like 2-3 lbs the next day from overeating. I can eat tons of fatty meats and feel hungry. I can easily eat half of 4 lbs roast chicken with skin and bones, and that's for dinner after having good 800 cals during the day! And be hungry and want a bunch of veggies and fruit to go with it.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Oh, weird. Are you sure your body is digesting it properly? It took me six weeks to learn how to digest large amounts of fat.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Unfortunately, when I eat all the grass-fed meat, fruit and vegetables I want, I baloon up and up and up. We don't have raw dairy here, so I gave it up for now just in case. And I am hungry from the moment i wake up till I go to bed.
    I am so sorry to hear this! I know you are stressing I can feel it and it so reminds me of me a few short months ago Can you get organic dairy instead? And at least grass-fed cheese and butter? I am finding them everywhere now. We took a recent roadtrip back East and I existed on grass-fed chedder from New Zealand. It seemed that every single big store in eeach town carried it! I had to limit my meat at first but the additional dairy made that easy. Here is a typical day in case it will help:

Stats: 51yo 5'3 3/4, SW:244, CW:129

Breakfast:9ish Organic coffee with grass-fed heavy cream (2-3 cups)

Meal one: 2-3 PM- 2 eggs with grass-fed butter, smallish pice of leftover grassfed meat occasionally

Dinner with DH: 5-6ish- 4-6 oz grass-fed meat or wild fish, as many cooked veggies as desired (1-2 cups maybe) 1/4-1/2 avocado occasionally 1/2 sweet pot with grass-fed butter

snacks if needed until 8-9ish: macadamia nuts or grassfed/raw chedder or occasionally berries and heavy cream or some other in season fruit (figs are almost ripe!!)

Funny thing is once I decided I could eat fruit I seldom want it!!!

I seem to gravitate towards the dairy and or meats the most so I am guessing my body likes the proteins. I would probably never eat veggies if I thought I could get away with it as I just don't crave any other than avocado which is technically not a veggie (right?)

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast