Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Raw foodism is silly. Here's why... page 3

ryan54 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    No need to bash the girl. Let her do what works for her, do what works for you and carry on.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Different people look different. This girl could probably easily be just as pretty on another diet. Some people are just more beautiful than others. Let's hope for her sake that she stays this beautiful forever. Good for her.
    Francly, I don't care about her future attractiveness, it's mine own I am most interested in. Egotistic, I know. But from your words follows that diet doesn't matter, so why is raw foodism silly? She eats the ultimate happy food by the ton and looks like a star. How's that sillier than choking down coconut oil instead of a juicy tomato and washing your family's fruit to serve while salivating and not being to touch any in an elaborate torture of the Primal fat-driven diet? She is lucky.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-15-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    This page has a lot of interesting information regarding raw vegan/fruitarian diets. Particularly laughable is the whole calorie paradox and how much food is required to get enough calories.

The Calorie Paradox of Raw Veganism
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I wonder about all those calories~ I know it takes lots more foods bulk wise, when they aren't nutrient dense, but the way too much vegetation shoots right through me, when would any nutrient be around long enough to be absorbed? I mean, the digestive system doesn't go into manic mode just to grab on every little micro-nutrient, or does it?

The first is whether it is possible to attempt option "a" above without losing excessive weight and eventually becoming emaciated on the (relatively) modest quantities of plant foods some advocates claim to get by on (compared to what would actually be required).
    I think I would just stop at the point when I lost the weight if you can lose the weight on raw vegan diet. The problem is that I doubt you cna really do that. Like a banana is 100 calories already, a good sized apple is the same thing, so if you are like 1400 cals a day, all you can eat is 14 pieces of fruit, and if you splurge on nuts and avocado.... Not much food at all, Obviously, you can have like a head a cabbage a day....

Maybe I should try it, maybe it will feel more natural for me than the Primal. I like Paleo the most, but no fruit is annoying.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-15-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Looking at that mound of veggies/fruits, I'll bet she doing a ton of juicing~ that's just way too much chewing to eat it all whole.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I was raw vegan for almost a year. You do have to eat all the time to feel satisfied, but it is easy to lose weight. Unfortunately for me, it also meant that I lost my hair and my toenails (admittedly only after I tried to do low-fat raw vegan which eliminates a lot of the protein sources). That said, I really did feel great for most of the time I was raw vegan, and I see the appeal of it. I feel a lot more stable and better eating primal, but I had a constant almost energy buzz while I was raw vegan. So yeah, it's easy to cast stones, but I say, do what works for you. It doesn't really matter if someone else finds it silly or extreme.

She probably does, but that's a whole week's worth of food. It is hard to count exactly, but if you look at her food, she has

4 watermelons: about 1/2 a day
    ~ 60 tomatoes: ~ 10 a day
    oranges, apples, peaches, bananas: looks like she gets 2 or 3 a day of each
    cucumbers and zucchinis: about 1 to 2 a day
    Kale: probably a small bunch a day

So, to me it looks like she can make about 3 fruit smoothies and 3 vegetable smoothies a day of a Magic Bullet cup size and have a good platter of a watermelon. That's not that much food.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I loved raw vegan, until my hair started falling out in gobs and I wanted to eat my pets. I knew it was time for a steak.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post

Maybe I should try it, maybe it will feel more natural for me than the Primal. I like Paleo the most, but no fruit is annoying.
    Or you can just eat some fruit on Paleo, too. Who says "no fruit" on which version of paleo / primal? There are some recommendations to limit your fruit to a couple of pieces per day, which you can follow or not.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast