Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Raw foodism is silly. Here's why... page 14

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I saw another video once... it was a science Documentary of some sort (wouldn't know how to find it now)... and the scientists gave a group of people 2000kcal a day of raw fruit/veg to eat... nothing else.

The people had a TERRIBLE time of it.
    They had to basically eat constantly... they had no juicers, so they had to chew, and chew, and chew.
    Most of them couldn't make it through their entire lot of food each day.

Then the effect on their bowels set in.
    And they had to run back and forth to the Loo about a hundred times a day in between just sitting an trying to eat and eat and eat.

Ummm.... NO!
    That is not a healthy human diet.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Then why have you not achieved it? And don't say it's because you eat like a pig or some nonsense like that. If you had undamaged health and achieving that athletic level of leanness with full nutritional load and no damage to your health were truly possible, you would be able to make your appetite match your athletic leanness.
    Because I am unskilled in interpreting emotional hunger (particulary boredom & inability to unwind) and have a high sensitivity to sugar that artificially increases my appetite. I also tried diets in the past year that enhanced binging tendencies. I am learning to cope with both. I rarely truly pig out, but because of being so inapt at recognizing the true reason behind my eating and the mind traps I set for myself I overeat ever so slightly, but quite often. I have just read the book about 5 most common excuses to blow one's eating, and only 2 did not apply to me (don't like/have time cooking and don't have time for eating properly) - yep, 48 out of 50. I've gotta learn how to think and how to eat.

I am not saying it is easy, I am saying it can be done.

I am aware of the professional athletes having numerous issues. Still, I see wonderfully fit women all around me, with 2, 3 kids apiece, who are not partcipating in either competitive sports, nor in over-eating orgies, nor in the never-ending locomotion. That keeps me hopeful that one day I will find the key to the nutritional and psychological lock that keeps the fat trunk firmly shut. And if I don't, well, I like this puzzle. A negative result is also a result.

And define "athletic level of leanness"- it's going to vary. You go from jockeys and gymnasts to weightlifters.
    Visible, well-defined deltoid and hamstring, flat stomach and no overhang on the outer thigh and inner thigh, no overhang by the knee, no muffin top spill.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-23-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Some women are just naturally very lean....I am 5' 7" and 116 lbs. And that is the highest weight I have ever managed except when I was pregnant, 155 at 9 months pregnant). I do not know my bodyfat % for certain, the very unrealiable online calculator puts me at 12% but I would guesstimate Im at around 15%. I do not nor have I ever had an eating disorder, I have never ever counted calories, I am more aware of what I put in my mouth now than ever, trying to gain. I am very active, I walk, sprint, do yoga and body weight exercises, but not excessively, I give my body plenty of recovery time. I have been this way my whole life, I did have problems getting pregenant and bigger problems staying pregnant and I would guess my leaness probably contributed to that, but I did manage to have two healthy children. People don't realize that being naturally lean has its problems as well, people have always assumed I had an eating disorder, I've had strangers stop me on the street and ask me how much I weigh. It is not fun being called skinny all the time, and sometimes other women just assume Im a bitch because Im thin (the fact that Im also increadibly shy does not help with that)and I would agree that most men find curvier women more attractive. I could never survive on a raw vegan diet, I would whither away. I'm not really sure now what my point was (after all that rambling) except maybe all of us are different, you can never tell a book by its cover.

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
    Some women are just naturally very lean....I am 5' 7" and 116 lbs. And that is the highest weight I have ever managed except when I was pregnant, 155 at 9 months pregnant). I do not know my bodyfat % for certain, the very unrealiable online calculator puts me at 12% but I would guesstimate Im at around 15%. I do not nor have I ever had an eating disorder, I have never ever counted calories, I am more aware of what I put in my mouth now than ever, trying to gain. I am very active, I walk, sprint, do yoga and body weight exercises, but not excessively, I give my body plenty of recovery time. I have been this way my whole life, I did have problems getting pregenant and bigger problems staying pregnant and I would guess my leaness probably contributed to that, but I did manage to have two healthy children. People don't realize that being naturally lean has its problems as well, people have always assumed I had an eating disorder, I've had strangers stop me on the street and ask me how much I weigh. It is not fun being called skinny all the time, and sometimes other women just assume Im a bitch because Im thin (the fact that Im also increadibly shy does not help with that)and I would agree that most men find curvier women more attractive. I could never survive on a raw vegan diet, I would whither away. I'm not really sure now what my point was (after all that rambling) except maybe all of us are different, you can never tell a book by its cover.
    A beautiful response to everything going on in this thread! I myself am not naturally skinny (always been muscular), but sympathize with thin women that have to put up with other peoples' crap, as you have illustrated.

Oh and I love your signature too--glad to know you take such good care of yourself. Bravo for you

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314