Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not for me? page 2

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't think the 1200 calories is terribly concerning, unless you are NOT eating when you're hungry. I'm also in the process of losing weight, and I average between 900 and 1200 calories per day (really high quality super nutritious calories). I track what I eat to make sure I get plenty of vitamins and minerals. I mostly stay away from nuts and bananas and excessive amounts of fruit. No dairy at all. So anyway, I think it's less about how many calories you are eating and more about the quality of what you're eating. You may well need to increase your intake if you're as active as you say, but you may not. Maybe you could analyze your past eating habits and see if you can isolate a problem?

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    x2 on cutting out the nuts and most fruit. Fine for maintenance, but not for fat-burning.

And never snack. Ever. If your meal wasn't big enough, then eat more at the next meal. See if you can get used to bigger meals. While women don't tolerate fasting as well as men, grazing like a cow all day is still a bad idea. I do well eating once a day (male), though lately my schedule is leaving me dazed and confused so I don't know what to eat when! But two or even three nice, fatty meals a day is a useful approach for many people.

You also might not be eating enough fat. That should help your calories get higher, adding fat. I recommend coconut milk, tallow and the like. Daily avocado or three, too!

If you're going to have that banana, definitely don't have it at breakfast! Eggs and bacon are traditional breakfast foods for a reason. Very low carb for more even energy through the morning.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    One more tamarind, MATT DAMON
    might be the day I tried the liver - just like you

Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by palebluedots View Post
    I don't think the 1200 calories is terribly concerning, unless you are NOT eating when you're hungry. I'm also in the process of losing weight, and I average between 900 and 1200 calories per day (really high quality super nutritious calories). I track what I eat to make sure I get plenty of vitamins and minerals. I mostly stay away from nuts and bananas and excessive amounts of fruit. No dairy at all. So anyway, I think it's less about how many calories you are eating and more about the quality of what you're eating. You may well need to increase your intake if you're as active as you say, but you may not. Maybe you could analyze your past eating habits and see if you can isolate a problem?
    This is interesting advice. Maybe it explains why my meat-centered approach works so much better for me. Bananas and fruit don't really have all that many vitamins. And vegetables don't really either because their versions of vitamins aren't as well absorbed as the versions in various variety meats. I eat a lot of organ meat and variety meat, usually something strange every day. So my meats are high in vitamins and other odd substances you can't even get from plants like essential fatty acids, real vitamin A and D, collagen and gelatin and CoQ10 among other things.

In the past I've tried to satisfy myself with big portions of low calorie foods (aka salads and veggie stir-fries), as if volume in the stomach could make you full. But I'm finding that minimal volume with higher calories and greater vitamin content actually works a lot better, plus it feels better not to be full.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12