Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to eat just before a workout? page 2

Dream Guest

I'm in the Art Devany section on this one- go into a workout fasting, don't eat for about an hour afterwords.

Also, my workouts are so intense that I would throw up if I were to eat anything beforehand. I even ate an apple 3 hours beforehand once and had it coming up...

Afterward hunger is never an issue for me, so it makes at least some sense with the hormone spikes.

-Anthony

cc40 is offline Junior Member

Let's say that your "workout" was a 45 minute bike ride (at a non-race pace) to work, and then another in the afternoon. What would you eat before, if anything at all?

Douaron1 Guest

The only way I have been able to sustain 'every day - all day' energy and hard (max effort) / intense (all full body movements with heavy loads) / short (60 min in and out of building with change and shower) is by:

Fasted from 6pm until 10-11am everyday of the week (based on schedule or hunger),

Have 2-3 eggs or canned fish with 2 cups of veggies and palm full of nuts and coffee with drop of cream,

Workout from 12:10 until 12:50 with max effort on whatever I choose to do (always different, no routine - just be efficient),

2 fruits with some meat, sometimes veggies and seeds at 1:15pm (I carb load after my workouts) (sometimes I skip the fruits on heavy lifting days that have minimal 'glucose depleting' effects),

Monday to Friday (well, almost :-) ,

Weekends off or recreational exercise / activity.

Feel better than ever before. Hope this helps !

Don't be affraid to try WHAT WORKS FOR YOU, your routine, intensity and goal.

Dream Guest

"Let's say that your "workout" was a 45 minute bike ride (at a non-race pace) to work, and then another in the afternoon. What would you eat before, if anything at all?"

I ride my bike 30 minutes before and after working out. For me, it's not exercise, it's a mode of transportation/recreation.

Unless you're doing interval sprints on the bike on the way to and from work, I don't think it will make much difference. If you're hungry eat a little, if not don't eat.

-Anthony

cc40 is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Thanks Anthony. These rides are just commutes, with no sprints involved (except for that random dog).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12