Thread: Bought and read all the PB books/ following the pgm for 6 wks/no progress? page

MiniMan is offline Junior Member

Bought and read all the PB books/ following the pgm for 6 wks/no progress?

Primal Fuel
    OK all you experienced Primals I'm very frustrated. I bought all the books and went almost 100% Primal for the last 6 weeks and have seen very little progress. I'm 65 and in great overall shape but with about 20 or extra pounds and much higher body fat % than Inshould have. I do a fair amount of endurance cycling and hoped this lifestyle change would help both my quality of life and my workout capabilities. Am I expecting to much to early? Only 4 lbs loss to date an a little less waist girth. Helpful advice/guidiance greatly appreciated. Thanks

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    4lbs lost is not no progress.

cantat is offline Senior Member
    Also, you could be putting on muscle. When I first started, I put on muscle really quickly and then the building tapered off. Or, your body could also be recalibrating and repairing itself.

Also possible: are you paying attention to your hunger signals? Is it possible you're overeating and not thinking about it because it's primal food? Are you eating a lot of nuts? When I first started, I did a little snacking on nuts, but as I went on, my desire to snack went away. I know a lot of people have reported slow/stalled weight loss when they ate a lot of nuts. Hang in there!
    29/F
    5'4.5
    Highest weight: 220
    Starting weight: 195
    Current weight: 179
    Goal weight: 127

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    In my mind "endurance cycling" and "almost 100% Primal" don't match--see the info on Chronic Cardio. I'd look at stress and sleep in addition to dietary changes. That cortisol can really affect weight loss.

Thanks for the replys everybody. Yes I am doing a good bit of nut snacking as I thought that nuts are recommended. I am trying to follow the PB plan as closely as possible in all respects. In my mind I could stand to loose as much as 30 lbs which I thought would start coming off much quicker bases upon the success stories I've read. I've always been a fitness person and have done many tri's and running events although not in the last 3 years. Mostly been cycling, weights, and pilates/yoga workouts. I continue to also drink a goodbit of water daily. If anyone has any tips/direction to offer I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks but I'm only doing one longer harder workout per week and trying to do one sprint workout per 10 days which is OK from what Mark has written.

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member
    When I first started, my appetite was soooo high that the snacking was a must. Has your appetite adjusted yet? If so, it's time to be really mindful of the snacking. Also, 4 pounds is no "no progress"! :-)
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    1. 20-30 lbs is not really that much to lose. The less you have to lose, the slower it comes off.
    2. How long did it take you to put it on? I'm guessing years and years. Why do you expect it to come off in less than 50 days?

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My tip: ditch the scale. Hide it, sell it, burn it, throw it out a window... pick one, but just get it out of your house. Seriously, it will cause such a headache in your life. Weight is not synonymous with health. Set other goals besides weight: a pant size, a fitness feat, blood pressure, triglycerides level, getting off a medication, etc.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!