Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: gut healing powder/supplement? page 6

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Patski: not sure if you take it or not, but cold-pressed evening primrose oil taken daily is supposed to help with cramping. Double the dosage 1 week before she is supposed to arrive. I recently had to give up my Advil usage during her visits because my stomach is a wreck and Advil has probably contributed to it in great part over the past 10 years. Last visit was bad at times, but I made it and it wasn't as terrible as I thought. In fact I'm convinced the advil made the bleeding much, much worse. Heat compression, like a heating pad and hot stones might help too. I know how difficult it is with a hellish period AND digestive woes. It's unbearable. Here's to both of us healing our guts while enduring HER wrath.

Ps. Try Mary Jane? Heh
    Last edited by j3nn; 08-18-2012 at 01:04 PM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

patski is offline Senior Member
    Mary Jane doesn't do it. Just makes me stoned. I can still feel my cramps.

I used to take evening primrose oil. I remember it really helping with severe headaches I used to get around my rag.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

TurtleKId is offline Junior Member
    Any luck with the licorice/yucca combo, Patski? Those herbs are cheap! James its actually hvergarthi from curezone and he always advised those. Since I have leaky gut and inflammed intestines (redundant? yes!) I was looking for any success story with those and there arent any... Gotta stop this gut feeling. Actually im expecting more from Micronized Glutamine, Cats Claw and Bacillus Coagulans for IBS and Leaky gut but since those two are so cheap and build the adrenals why not trying.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Interesting thread I was just prescribed DGL by my Naturopath for a stomach ulcer. Will be interesting to see how well it works.

patski is offline Senior Member
    My gastritis was flaring up, so I took out the yucca root from the mix. I'm taking loads more vitamin C these days, still on a combo B vitamin, and it is definitely helping with my adrenals. Not so sure yet on my gut however. Time will tell.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    Up!
    Very interesting!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456