Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "WTF" Moments page 2

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    why not ask him to put his money where his mouth is and get measured along with you, as a 'control' for the unhealthy diet you have embarked on.

This is not really a wtf moment, but i had a triple helping of dinner last night, followed by a fried banana with a square of chocolate and about 200ml of cream for dessert. Then i had a second dessert

like is rough sometimes.
    wtf!!!!

Lol
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Sissypants is offline Junior Member
    At lunch on a cruise recently I was seated next to a dietician. She raised an eyebrow when I buttered my bleeding steak but never said anything about food until after lunch, when my cheese plate showed up. She brought up how she lost a bunch of weight by eating low fat/low sodium and exercising a lot, how it works for everybody, etc. Since I'm still pretty fat I knew what subject she was tap dancing around. I told her I was eating a Primal diet, only real whole foods and losing weight steadily (at the time I had lost 30lbs). She said, "That's great, but I don't like a diet that eliminates whole groups of foods. Cereals and whole grains are good for you. Just stay away from processed foods." WTF do you think cereal is? LOL

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    wtf!!!!

Lol
    The bit I left out is that I am IF'ing atm and that's the only food I ate that day. And it's slightly more than I would usually eat in a day (I tell ya, I was stuffed when I finished the second dessert).

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueTII View Post
    I have been thinking of treating myself to something similar to this lately. What did you cook the banana in?
    Nothing. I just microwaved it for a minute. That cooks most of the banana and melts the chocolate nicely. Then the cream gets added for creamy goodness.

Here's an awesome alternative with more protein. Mash up a banana and mix with an egg. Spoon into several teflon muffin trays. Cook like a muffin (12 minutes at about 180degC). Eat with whipped cream, yoghurt etc.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 08-15-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissypants View Post
    At lunch on a cruise recently I was seated next to a dietician. She raised an eyebrow when I buttered my bleeding steak but never said anything about food until after lunch, when my cheese plate showed up. She brought up how she lost a bunch of weight by eating low fat/low sodium and exercising a lot, how it works for everybody, etc. Since I'm still pretty fat I knew what subject she was tap dancing around. I told her I was eating a Primal diet, only real whole foods and losing weight steadily (at the time I had lost 30lbs). She said, "That's great, but I don't like a diet that eliminates whole groups of foods. Cereals and whole grains are good for you. Just stay away from processed foods." WTF do you think cereal is? LOL
    to which your response should have been 'don't be stupid'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Penady is offline Senior Member
    I saw a post on Facebook today where a woman was talking about how her 6-year old daughter is alergic to wheat, corn, soy, and peanuts...then she asked what (genuinely perplexed) she could feed her child that was a healthy alternative. WTF? How about nothing with wheat, soy, corn, or peanuts for a start? Healthy food doesn't have to come out of a box, you know.

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UniqueTII View Post
    One that got me was someone at work asking about my weight loss, followed by me giving him a 5 minute primer on Paleo, followed by him asking "So what do you eat, just bread?" Yes, non-refined, non-processed, non-manufactured bread. I buy it from some unicorns.
    I was discussing my new strict regimen (anti-candida plan, basically nothing but meat & nonstarchy veggies) with a very overweight relative, and explaining how bad grains are for health. Then she brings up how her husband (a longtime diabetic) likes to buy huge containers of pretzel rods & eat them with each meal, and I winced & commented on how poor a choice that is for a diabetic. Her response: "Because of the salt?" :P

Another relative was recently hospitalized with complications due to diabetes. While in the hospital, they forced her to have only "diabetes-approved" foods -- that is, very little meat, but as much cereal & bread as she wanted. She reported to me that her blood sugar levels were in the 600-700 mg/dL range during her hospital stay, while when she returned home & started being able to eat semi-primally again (I've been giving her info & she's been slowly incorporating some of the ideas into her lifestyle), her glucose levels returned into the 60s...

NobleSavage is offline Member
    Reading all these stories makes me laugh initially - But after that i get angry. How is the world filled with IMBECILES 'teaching' us health. Dieticians classifying bread as 'unprocessed', hospitals trying to nuke the bloodstream of their patients with glucose, yet more doctors claiming that unprocessed food is a 'fad'. WTF ARE YOU DEMENTED!?!? How can pre-industrial food be a FAD!? How did the f***ing idiot ever pass medschool!?
    If i ever encounter people this dum, i fear that i shall degenerate into a verbal ocean of unpleasantry that shall not seize untill security carries me out ...
    Last edited by NobleSavage; 08-18-2012 at 12:18 PM.

wjpurifoy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    IronFireling - Why do you keep taking your son to that program? Stop going and keep Groking!
    Last edited by wjpurifoy; 08-19-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: My reply was very far from the original comment, I needed to identify the original.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12