Thread: From Zero To A Hero - Diary of Smiler ;) page

Smiler is offline Junior Member

From Zero To A Hero - Diary of Smiler ;)

Shop Now
    Table of contents:

1. A little bit about myself
    2. My story
    3. Why PB?
    4. My (first) achievements
    5. What do I eat?
    6. What's next?

1. A little bit about myself
    Hi! Please to meet you! My name's Damian (ang. Damien) and I come from... Well it goes like that - we have world and world has few continents. One of them is Europe. And in Europe we have a lot of countries and one of them is Poland (we hosted Euro 2012)... And I come from a city that this tiny red arrow points: Łdź (Lodz) and to be precise - nearby town, Pabianice:

Right now I'm a sociology student and I lead my career to become self developement coach, so that I lead 3 webpages, own a self developement programme (audiobooks) and starting company this year. And this is how I used to look (few kilos/pounds ago):

2. My story
    I've always been little bit oversize. My friends from my hood used to say as a joke that I am "big boned" ;-). Well... I am not. I am a typical, completly normal man who is overweighted but has mezomorph underneath the skin ;-P. My body without my fat looks fantastic (honestly it does - i've maganged to go through Dukan's diet but got myself yoyo and this is how the results looked like when I finished Dukan's):

How did it all started? Well... I was stupid teenager who broke his collarbone and put on weight just a little bit. It was not something that I cried about day and night but it was definitely something worth of loosing. Since then every summer I lost some kilos by training to gain even more during the winter. The harder I tried during the summer the bigger "bonus" I got for winter. After few years I ended up on 110 kg (242 lbs) of sadness. I hated myself so much that I was accualy suprised that you can aim such amazing amount of anger into yourself.

At the same time I started to be interested in literature of succes and self development. I realized the fact that my outside won't change untill I change my inside. I started to fight with myself for myslef...

Months passed and I manged to convince my mother and sister to start a diet based on HerbaLife products. It gave me -10 kg (-22 lbs)... but It was not thanks to me and my effort and I was not happy with that (results went away when I stopped spending my money on HerbaLife). After that I heard a news from my friend about Dukan's diet and I started it. The effects were amazing but I did some mistakes (not keeping to the rules + switching from Dukan's diet to mass diet and gym) which led mi to huge yoyo + little bonus: 111,5 kg (245.3 lbs). And this is how I looked on april this year:

I know that I don't look on this photo like a tipical fatty who weights 115,5 kg but it's becouse of my body. I would say it that way: my fat layers are very close to each other and I gain weight usually into my legs and ass >;/.

I was searching for a FINAL solutions of my weight problems and my friend from a different forum gave me link to Mark's page. I started reading free ebooks and articles and slowly turned myself into paleo.

3. Why PB?
    PB turned out to be a great solution not only becouse of how easy it is but also becouse of my character: I was never keen on checking somethings' calories, creating meals according to some kind of patterns and sticking to the time limits. No. I like eating, I don't like making food for myself (that's why bacon rules). I like eating when I'm hungry not when my clock says me to do so. And I like eating a lot by the way ;-P!

Apart from that I started enjoying PB becouse of it's emotional and mental potential. As I said - I'm a coach (amatour to be exact, which means that I don't earn money yet) and I am a huge fan of Covey's, Tracy's and Ziglar's books. Thanks to them I was able to create my own programme which is called "From Zero To A Hero" (pl. "Od Zera Do Bohatera"). PB perfectly fits my standards for body develpment! It was actually that puzzel that lacked and I'm very happy that I found it!!!

4. My (first) achievements
    Since I looked into a mirror on april this year I realized that I don't want to look like this to the end of my life. When I was slim and well build I was happy, full of live, energetic and now I am not 100% of me. I also realized that if I want to make some changes it must be evolution not the revolution becouse drastic changes are never permanent. I needed to change my attitude to food first!

At that time my diet was full of sweats and fastfood. I came up with the idea of "30 days challange" to create good habbits and gave myself first: forget about trash on your plate (+ walk for minimum 3 hours at slow pace per week). And I did. What happend? For 2 weeks I was crying and dying. My organism got used to energy from carbs so much that I found it hell dificult to eat something different. But after those 2 weeks it just went away. I know it sounds crazy but it was exactly just like that. What did I gained? I made the first step to eternal change of myself ;-P and from eating very unhealthy I started eating normal.

After my first acomplished challange I started looking for a new one and this is the time when I first met with PB concept. Second challange was to stop eating bread and turn into primal (switch from normal and typical diet to healty one). BOOM! I'm keeping it for 37 days already. Not only I'm fine but I feel realy realy great! I managed through "paleo flu" (about 10-15 days of feeling powerless) and since then I consider myself as a winner. I've already lost 7 kg (15 lbs) by only eating primal!

And last week (PB day 30) I started another challange - Primal Fitness. Exercises are very easy from the technical point of view but they kick ass! I'm also after may first sprints which I cosider as incredible (I reccomend to try starting first sprint with Slipknot's "Disasterpiece" from "Iowa" - Slipknot - Disasterpiece - YouTube). PBF is the first type of training in which I don't have any barriers apart from myself. I don't have to do certain amount of pushups anymore. NO! I have to do as much as it's possible. I don't have to sprint for certain amount of time. NO! I sprint as fast and as long as I can. No boundaries! IT'S VERY MOTIVATING! I used to think: "Oh no, trainging again" when I did cardio and now I can't wait to do some sprints or heavy lifting sessions (despite the fact that I did only one PBF week, lol ;-P)

I walk a lot at work but I forced myself to start doing even more walkings with my sister's dog (she lives nerby) and spend more time in forests. This sunday I also did cycling with my girlfriend (had lot of fun ;-D) and I'm on my way to heaven.

5. What do I eat?
    I'm lazy in kitchen... yup... I am. I don't like making food for myself and this is the reason I like quick meals. For breakfast I usualy eat eggs, bacon, carrots, apples. From time to time I prepare bannana pancake (delicious). My 2nd breakfast (you, in USA, call it lunch, lol) is pork chop (or chicken chop, meatball and so one) + vegetables and fruits. I come home from work and eat dinner (vegetables, meat and fruits for dessert) - usually the same as for 2nd breakfast but in bigger amount ;-D.

The funny thing is that when I was child I was typical poor eater. I liked sweats and was saying "NO!" to any kind of vegetables and fruits... and now?! Now I can't wait to eat some oranges or berries ;-)! This is my biggest primal suprise so far.

But the truth is that such kind of diet/lifestyle gets boring! AND THIS IS FUN BECOUSE YOU HAVE ALL THE COOKBOOKS!

6. What's next?
    And with cooking my next challange is conected. When I finish creating a habbit of training (lift heavy things + sprints) I will try to cook one new meal from primal cookbooks per week! Sounds super-hiper-extra-fun becouse I will start from primal sweats <evil laugh>!

Stay tuned for my next posts!

Chears y'all!!!
    Smiler

PS
    Sorry for my english - haven't used that language for a whale ;-)

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hello Damien aka Smiler!

What a great beginning to a journal!! I am very glad to meet you, and will subscribe to this thread already to see where your Primal journey takes you!

Never mind the English - yours is fantastic! (If you ask us to, we will correct you along the way... ) There are lots of non-native English speakers here, and sometimes even the English and Scottish and Aussies and Americans and Canadians and Irish and Kiwis need to explain some things to each other as well, so if you have any question at all, please ask!

I also have a journal, feel free to stop by.

Congratulations on your progress to date!

Smiler is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Hello Damien aka Smiler!

What a great beginning to a journal!! I am very glad to meet you, and will subscribe to this thread already to see where your Primal journey takes you!
    Hi! I'm very happy to meet you as well !

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    There are lots of non-native English speakers here, and sometimes even the English and Scottish and Aussies and Americans and Canadians and Irish and Kiwis need to explain some things to each other as well, so if you have any question at all, please ask!
    Thank you for your support and if there's is a possibility, please correct me whenever it is possible

TOPIC: 10 KILOS LESS

Table of contents:
    1. What happened since my last visit on PB Forums?
    2. My problems
    3. Searching for solutions

1. What happened since my last visit on PB Forums?
    I was here last time when I was 40 days on primal and now i'm on my diet for 124 days already. What changed? Well... first of all I've lost 10 kilos (22 lbs) and you can notice this change on this animation:

I consider this as a big achivement which is also notacible on my weight:

2. My problems
    Unfortunately I also have my problems which are:
    - eating bread ,
    - eating sweats from time to time.

Another one is obstipation (problems with pooping ).

Apart from that I stopped training (health problems) but I am coming back on track this monday so that one is under control.

Honestly? I have problems with creating myself a menu. I usually eat apples, bannanas, grapes, peaches, white chicken meat and spaghetti. I try to keep my 80% of primal but I also think that my mistakes make a huge damage on my body. And what's more! It's quite boring eating the same all over again.

I think that all of those factors made me stop losing my weight... and this demotivates me A LOT.

3. Searching for solutions

I read some articles but I still need support. If you could just link me here some goodies or share some ideas it would be great!

Best regards,
    Smiler

PS
    I will try to write here more often. It helps .

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Welcome! I am glad you posted here and I hope you will keep it up. Your English is great and your story is very compelling. Can't wait to read your next entry.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden