Thread: Fish oil? page

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member

Fish oil?

If I eat salmon at least 3 times a week and sardines a few times a week, do I need to supplement with fish oil? I'd rather not...
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    If I eat salmon at least 3 times a week and sardines a few times a week, do I need to supplement with fish oil? I'd rather not...
    I don't see any reason to in your circumstance. I also eat a lot of seafood.

A lot of people are supplementing with fish oil to bring O3 up to have a better ratio with the O6 but really they would be better off focusing on bringing down their O6 consumption.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    probably not. If you don't like fish oil there's always krill and Algal-900 DHA.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cavebabymama View Post
    Is it wild Salmon or Farmed, the farmed stuff has higher Omega6 and lower Omega3 because of the feed used and they also add colouring to get a nice pink colour, because the farmed Salmon meat is just the ususl pale colour.