Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lifestyle changes unrelated to diet / exercise page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    I'm generally reducing the number of "products" in my world.
    Baking soda for toothpaste. Coconut milk conditioner rinse once a week on the hair. I have a bar of olive oil soap but it's been there for a good six months, rarely used. The dog, "pre-washes" all my dishes for me so I use very little dish soap. I tossed the anti-perspirants completely. Found the pits stopped getting ripe after menopause. Hmm.

I'm using cold water on my face and finding it makes my pores much tighter. I've quit using foundation make-up.

I'm naturally feeling sleepy at an earlier hour and getting out of bed earlier and easier too.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
    Or shower with your spouse and a friend. After all, this is 2012.
    Sure, sounds like fun, if you have that big of a shower.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Sure, sounds like fun, if you have that big of a shower.
    My shower is too small...

I haven't gone poo-less yet, but I have reduced the number of times I shampoo per week down to 2-3 times. My bar of goats milk soap has lasted forever b/c I only use it on the parts that can sometimes become odiferous. I use deodorant only on days when it's supposed to be hot to cut down on perspiration (and for working out b/c I do that during lunch and don't want to offend those I work with).

I have started taking advantage of my boundless energy and getting more things done at night. dishes used to wait until I made dinner the next night. That was stressful so now I try to make it a point to do them at night after the kids go to bed. Some nights, however, like last night, are just blah nights and they don't get done.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    No poo is working great for me.
    Though, my dandruff got worse (as my skin got alot better)
    I've used natural soaps today (expansive shit all natural stuff) and my skin is actually peeling a bit because of it.
    No poo since the beginning of May, with today as an exception.
    Feeling great, but won't be back to using soaps daily. Maybe like once a week.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    - No shampoo/soap (well, I do use plain glycerin soap)
    - Fluoride-free toothpaste
    - Squatting... yeah, not the exercise.
    - More sun during the day
    - More calm walks

On the mental side I've begun to realize how silly it is to be over-stressed about certain things. I try and continually look at the bigger picture, and catch myself when I get caught up in insignificant "problems". I try and catch myself when I'm over-anxious, especially when it stops me from doing things I want to do.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    I have more energy so have stopped my early evening snooze.
    I try and play with my youngest more. We have been for a 2 mile walk to a local park today, and did a few sprints.
    I have just bought a bike so we are going on family weekend rides, rather than just when we go on holiday.
    Also I have enjoyed having the energy to go clothes shopping of an evening.

MrsToon is offline Senior Member
    I started practicing FasterEFT Faster EFT.com - The official website of Robert G. Smith, creator of FasterEFT I am more peaceful, less stressed, less judgemental, more compassionate, and more productive since I started applying this belief system to my life. FasterEFT and Primal are the tools that I recommend to every single person. If you have stress, emotional trauma, anxiety, depression, addictions, or really anything else that you'd rather be without, try this process.

P.S. it also works beautifully to release physical pain. Chronic back or knee problems, stiff neck, etc.

P.P.S. I'm doing free sessions of FasterEFT for people over Skype. If anyone wants help, PM me.
    Last edited by MrsToon; 08-17-2012 at 07:28 AM. Reason: extra info

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsToon View Post
    I started practicing FasterEFT Faster EFT.com - The official website of Robert G. Smith, creator of FasterEFT I am more peaceful, less stressed, less judgemental, more compassionate, and more productive since I started applying this belief system to my life. FasterEFT and Primal are the tools that I recommend to every single person. If you have stress, emotional trauma, anxiety, depression, addictions, or really anything else that you'd rather be without, try this process.
    Looking into it. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Looking into it. Thanks for the recommendation.
    You're welcome! Let me know if you have questions or would like to try a session over Skype. I'm not certified so I don't charge yet, but I've definitely got a knack for it. Seeing a person go from pain to peace in just minutes, is an exhilarating experience and one which I would like to repeat as often as possible.

Another addendum: FasterEFT can be used to address whatever EMOTIONAL UNDERPINNINGS to your weight that there might be. I am suspicious that this is one reason why men have an easier time losing weight with primal than women. Women are much better at holding onto emotional disturbances from their past, which may keep them locked into patterns such as: "If I'm slim and healthy, I'll get attention from men, and that's dangerous," or "If I'm overweight, I get more attention from my family," or "I have to eat food to stuff down the painful memories from my past," etc. FasterEFT can be used to break carb cravings, and attachment to or longing for comfort foods from your childhood.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123