Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lifestyle changes unrelated to diet / exercise page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Mindfullness to the point of trying to never multitask. Although I still drink water and read at the same time. If I'm washing dishes and I start to plan something else in my mind, I stop and tell myself that washing dishes is an important task in keeping my home healthy and clean, and I should give it the attention it deserves. That's just one example. But I try to apply it to as much of my life as possible.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Getting a new library job that doesn't involve public interaction has changed my well-being drastically these past few weeks. I daydream, I listen to music, I have fun with co-workers!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primallawyer View Post
    Good morning, all! I'm just wondering what non-diet / exercise lifestyle changes people have made that have made them feel calmer / happier / better. I have been working to cut back on my iphone / internet usage and to live more in the moment - playing with my daughter without also trying to get 3 chores accomplished, etc. I think that for me, these things are just as important as the food / movement changes in terms of having an overall happier life. Anyone else?
    My wife has just started 'stop using the computer by 8pm' and 'have a shower just before going to bed' habits as a way of having more betterer sleep.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    My wife has just started 'stop using the computer by 8pm' and 'have a shower just before going to bed' habits as a way of having more betterer sleep.
    Here in the land of chronic droughts we have bumper stickers that say "Save Water, Shower With a Friend". Or your spouse.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    i
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 08-15-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Well this old Gwamma is so against sunblock and underarm. I do not use them anymore ! And I do not think that I smell, however if any of you get a whiff of something unsavoury - tell me....please...I would rather it came from friends than not.
    thanx
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Here in the land of chronic droughts we have bumper stickers that say "Save Water, Shower With a Friend". Or your spouse.
    Sounds like a plan
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Englishman in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Or shower with your spouse and a friend. After all, this is 2012.

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    For me, it's been to stop beating myself up. I am also getting out more, taking the kids places and doing fun things more. I am still working on my OCD (or CDO for those who have to have it in order) about being uptight about silly things (dishes not being done, etc), which, I believe, will come along as I relax and just enjoy life!

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    No poo is working great for me.
    Slow, belly breathing is great too.
    Going to my room, relaxing and taking work clothes off surely allows me to be calmer towards family
    Always open my windows. Fresh air is priceless.
    Get up early and work out - when my energy is up.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast