Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can I still lose fat & weight if I cheat on ice cream (~1 cup) once a week? page 3

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Ice cream (good stuff) is a lot better for you than other things you could be eating. You can always try the banana-based recipes.
    I like (love!)
    1/4 cup coconut milk, chilled
    1 frozen banana
    some chocolate flavor of some type. little vanillla etc if you are fancy.
    Blend in a food processor till its a soft-serve consistency and then love it.
    I just made this and it was great! Very easy and tasty.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I've experimented with this all summer......... Nope - no weight loss. Today I threw out my lactaid pills so I will have no choice but to say NO to ice cream from this day forward!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denisedb View Post
    Can I still lose fat & weight if I cheat on ice cream (~1 cup) once a week?
    Sure, but you will break poor ice cream's heart. Why would you cheat on ice cream? What the heck did ice cream do to you?

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Wait and See. If you stall in your weight loss -- then you'll have to re=assess. If you are losing weight while indulging in your ice-cream, then continue on. Email us when you stall -- then there's no mercy!

!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I use about 30 grams of coconut sugar per pint. I use full fat milk and heavy cream. Your measurement of gelatin is for half a gallon right? How much is 1 package? I live in the netherlands so I don't have that brand of gelatin nor do I know how much a packet is, do you know the amount of gelatin in grams?
    And thanks for the rest of info
    2 cups whole milk
    2 cups heavy cream
    1 cup 1% kefir
    8 egg yolks
    1 packet gelatin (7 grams)

That is my base for custard. If you can't get kefir, you can use half whole milk/half heavy cream in place, or just use another cup of whole milk. I find the kefir adds just a slight tang without imparting a "frozen yogurt" taste, which I'm not too fond of. It's almost like cultured butter versus regular butter - it adds volume and compromises nothing. Adding another cup of heavy cream makes it too rich IMO.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scarabnight View Post
    If you're going to do a store bought instead of making your own, Clemmy's offers full fat no sugar. It does have xylitol which Mark has posted here. The coffee one is awesome for that occasional splurge.
    Those Clemmy's are tasty & mildly addictive, as I used to justify consuming the entire container in 1 sitting due to it's full fat, no sugar content. No guilt, no worries... But I haven't bought any Clemmy's since last summer, as I've tried to tighten up my diet & exercise more. I still eat a LOT of food & calories, don't count carbs or calories & things are goin' really good...

I'm not sure if an ice cream maker is really needed, as plopping the ingredients into the blender & setting up for a time in the freezer, or just adding ice to the blender to make a gelato type frozen dessert works for me. However, I'm sure the ice cream makers are nice(r).
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Seriously? You people think that if someone is primal but eats 1 cup of ice cream a week they wont lose weight? This is honestly the most strict diet ever created then. If you cant eat a cup of ice cream a week then this diet is probably bad for your mental health.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, if my brain kinda sorta understands how all this works, a cup of ice cream once a week is better than a little tiny off primal once a day. IOW not all 80/20s are equal.

But do track yourself as mentioned above because we're all different.

Another thing you might try is to plan for it, i.e., do very low carbs the day before and the day after, this way your average carbs per day doesn't get too out of wack.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    Seriously? You people think that if someone is primal but eats 1 cup of ice cream a week they wont lose weight? This is honestly the most strict diet ever created then. If you cant eat a cup of ice cream a week then this diet is probably bad for your mental health.
    You are right if you're talking about overweight people. A lot of people on here are chasing a 6 pack in middle age though. For those people, some of them, it might make a dif.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

wac
    wac is offline Junior Member
    Life's too short, honestly. Just eat some ice cream. One cup in particular is nothing. Hell, have two.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast