Thread: 100% diet, who's with me? and help! with exercise page

alg2435 is offline Senior Member

100% diet, who's with me? and help! with exercise

I'm going 100% on my diet, leaving out what I know may be keeping me from progress. No dairy, coffee, sugar. Very little fruit.

I was way to relaxed over this summer and I can tell I've gained some fat mass. Yucky! My naturopathic doctor prescribed a series of fasts and detoxes to clear up my psoriasis, but I need to clean up my regular diet first.

Who's with me?

And when it comes to exercise, I'm not a huge fan. But my goal is to at least walk an hour a day, 6 days a week. I really need to find something I enjoy that I can do on my own. Any suggestions?

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    If you can get to some hiking trains do that on weekends. Take a small backpack (day pack), and just relax while you stop for a picnic. If you drink wine bring along a single serving of wine. Use your weekday walks as a goal to improve your weekend hikes.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Hmmm, sounds like you have some experience with this wining and hiking, Scott! I'm trying to plan a hike this weekend, hopefully it works out!

steve.mull is offline Member
    If you like body weight exercises look up the max capacity training app. It's a 3 day a week, 12 week program with everything you need in the app. Best of all it's free

Yesterday went well, I think. I still probably ate too much (especially in the fruit department), but at least it was all healthy. Except for that one cup of coffee, which I want to repeat today. Hmmm....

I went on a walk, about an hour, while listening to soft music on my cell phone. I was barefoot, and walked in the mud around a drying-out swamp. Today I'm hoping for another walk. If not....then I will do some calisthenic something or other.

This morning I've already eaten some delicious beef and cabbage from my crockpot, vegetable/lamb broth soup, and tea with supplements. I feel pretty good.

It is so hard to resist dairy when your family buys raw milk with a thick layer of cream on top. Such a perfect food for me. I haven't given it up yet...

Today I ate pretty well! lamb broth/avocado/egg yolk/herb soup for breakfast, a small portion of leftover beef and cabbage for lunch on the trail, and chicken with sauteed broccoli (in grassfed butter) for dinner. All pretty nutritious...except the coconut oil/cocoa powder/stevia mixture I had for dessert was a little overboard.

But any excess calories I ate today are GONE though! I hiked at least 3 hours today, and most of it pretty strenuous. Cronometer tells me it burned about 1000 calories, but I'm not so sure. LOVED it, though!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    SUCCESS the past few days. It's easier to eat more strictly if you don't have time to think about food. AKA, college started again. I haven't had any dairy except for raw kefir (which I'm supposed to be taking). I made this really good gelatin pudding on Sunday night: dissolve 1 packet plain gelatin in 3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice. Mix in 1 cup boiling water and 10 drops of stevia. Add 5 egg yolks and whip until frothy. Chill for a few hours or overnight. I think what will keep me focused will be little 'treats' like this. I also just got an order in from vitacost! Coconut flakes, creamed coconut, raw cocoa powder, sea vegetables, cashew butter. I made little chocolate/coconut/cashew drops tonight, and will eat one with lunch every day. (: This will keep me sane and away from the dairy and coffee for a while! No exercise really since the hike, as I've been very busy with school. I try to drop and do 10 pushups as often as I think of it when I'm home. I roasted a beef brisket for dinners and cooked ground beef with pureed spinach to take with me for lunches. One concern I have is too many calories! I want to get into ketosis, so I'm eating mostly protein and fat - but fat calories build up FAST!