Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is there a carb gray area? page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, he he, he's not hard on the eyes. Plus he learned from his mistakes. That's always attractive. He says "coming soon" about his posts on the "zone of misery."
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yeah, he he, he's not hard on the eyes. Plus he learned from his mistakes. That's always attractive. He says "coming soon" about his posts on the "zone of misery."
    Definitely not hard on the eyes AND he lives in San Diego.

He has made references to the zone of misery a few times in his posts and replies to comments on his posts and so many people were interested that he has promised a whole article on it.

denise is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I find that 5HTP supplement (serotonine) helps with low carb depression, but it does take a few weeks to stabilize the mood, and a carb-up messes things up. I am going to try 60 g or less (1/2 body weight) of carbs with 5HTP supplementation and see if I can avoid the black moods.
    Tried 5htp but no joy. Very happily bobbing along at 45igsh daily, no idea why I can tolerate that but no lower, but hey, "if it ain't broke" and my mood is fine........?

jay_fm is offline Member
    I don't have too much to add about why but I also get in that zone of misery. I do well low carb or much higher. The in between doesn't work for me.

I have been on and off Primal lately due to some stress but I think reading this thread and seeing that others have the same experience I need go back to low carb to get fully back into the swing of things. I don't even have to go that low carb. I can handle 75g a day and sometimes a bit more but once I go over 100g it doesn't work.
    Pre-Primal SW: 161
    CW- 150
    Goal 120ish

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123