Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So after reading marks post about coffee today, i have a query. page 3

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bravo!

No sarcasm, that was a good defense. And I appreciate your staunch stance, in the face of this most recent study, which - as we all know - is just another study and proves nothing per se.

I concede you have poked good holes in my arguments. BUT! What if coffee is good for some people and bad for others? As a person with all the obvious signs of asperger's syndrome, I find coffee necessary. Yes, I've quit. And it didn't take long to figure out how much coffee, primarily the caffeine as best I can tell, was helping me live my life well.

Yes, I was a video-game, kool-aid and ritalin kid, so the confounding variables are many. But I can tell you, without coffee, I'd be likely to quit my job and walk to Canada and live in the forest. I snap without it, like a bored teenager. It not only keeps me focused on the day to day details like doing my job (microbiology lab assistant and phlebotomist), but it keeps me away from dreaming about escape, it keeps me grounded in the work of the day, focused on life instead of dreams.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Coffee - it does a body good.
    Health Benefits of Coffee - WebMD

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Bravo!

No sarcasm, that was a good defense. And I appreciate your staunch stance, in the face of this most recent study, which - as we all know - is just another study and proves nothing per se.

I concede you have poked good holes in my arguments. BUT! What if coffee is good for some people and bad for others? As a person with all the obvious signs of asperger's syndrome, I find coffee necessary. Yes, I've quit. And it didn't take long to figure out how much coffee, primarily the caffeine as best I can tell, was helping me live my life well.

Yes, I was a video-game, kool-aid and ritalin kid, so the confounding variables are many. But I can tell you, without coffee, I'd be likely to quit my job and walk to Canada and live in the forest. I snap without it, like a bored teenager. It not only keeps me focused on the day to day details like doing my job (microbiology lab assistant and phlebotomist), but it keeps me away from dreaming about escape, it keeps me grounded in the work of the day, focused on life instead of dreams.
    If someone really wants the caffeine or "needs" the caffeine why not just either take caffeine tablets to avoid coffee's anti-nutrients and carcinogens or at least go to more healthy sources of caffeine such as yerba mate'?

And regardless, if using caffeine support the adrenals to prevent most of the long term adverse effects of caffeine usage.

stumprrp is offline Member
    heres goes the primal forums going crazy over a few cups of coffee, jesus christ (excuse me) but stop fussing over every little detail of your diet and enjoy life! when its your time to go your going to go, lol, the coffee aint gonna change it!!

2-4 cups a day here, and i can drink one right before bed with no issues.

JamesS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stumprrp View Post
    heres goes the primal forums going crazy over a few cups of coffee, jesus christ (excuse me) but stop fussing over every little detail of your diet and enjoy life! when its your time to go your going to go, lol, the coffee aint gonna change it!!

2-4 cups a day here, and i can drink one right before bed with no issues.
    Ironically I just posted why some people can go to sleep after drinking coffee recently:

Why do some people fall asleep after drinking coffee?

stumprrp is offline Member
    Good article thanks for posting, however i dont drink it for the caffeine, i just love the taste.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post
    I guess everyone does not realize that you can run hot water through any plant. And drinking the water after doing so with many plants can make one ill or kill them.

And let's not forget all the antinutrients in coffee such as its high oxalic acid content and polyphenols to name a few. The caffeine that raises uric acid, the protease inhibitors and phytoestrogens that anti-soy proponents claim are toxic, etc.

But the real irony of your post is the fact that caffeine crashes the adrenals. Since the adrenals produce our anti-stress hormones crashing your adrenals with all that caffeine can cause people to lash out in anger over small things like someone posting research studies on the adverse effects of coffee.
    Hiya, James. You can add coffee to the list of things you and I agree on.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    Try Crio Bru instead. It's roasted ground cacao nibs that you brew like coffee. More antioxidants, lower acidity. Just a sugestion
    Dr. Bork Bork, I adore you in all of your well informed cleverness! I just ordered one of each of their six flavors!

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    Try Crio Bru instead. It's roasted ground cacao nibs that you brew like coffee. More antioxidants, lower acidity. Just a sugestion
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Dr. Bork Bork, I adore you in all of your well informed cleverness! I just ordered one of each of their six flavors!
    I am anxiously awaiting the Cavallo. I hope you post reviews on the various flavors in your journal, PB, cause it was sooo tough deciding (especially that dark roast Cavallo...)

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    I am anxiously awaiting the Cavallo. I hope you post reviews on the various flavors in your journal, PB, cause it was sooo tough deciding (especially that dark roast Cavallo...)
    Ya, I was trying to decide too and then I just gave up and bought all six. If you buy over $75 (the six 1lb bags come to about $80) the shipping is free.
    Reviews will be on my journal. Stay tuned.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast