Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Epilepsy Experiment. Anyone else have seizures? page 6

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    [/B]Being seizure free on less meds is worth giving up sweet potatoes for. I would be interested to hear how things go for you if you decide to give it a try.
    I'm not talking sweet potatoes here.

Determine your *ideal* weight in kilos, your Hot Stuff in Swimwear (HSIS) weight
    HSIS in kilos +/- 10% is your protein range in grams
    HSIS divided by 2 is max carbs
    the rest is fat HSIS x 2-3.5 range.
    HSIS: 42kg
    Protein: 38g-46g
    Carbs: 21g
    Fat: 84g-147g

I know it's possible and I'm willing to try. I'm just trying to figure out the logistics.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Quies View Post
    HSIS: 42kg
    Protein: 38g-46g
    Carbs: 21g
    Fat: 84g-147g

I know it's possible and I'm willing to try. I'm just trying to figure out the logistics.
    42kg? Really? That's like 92.5 pounds. Are you very petite in stature? Some of the other ladies who are on the short end of the spectrum were commenting that they didn't think the Dr. JK formula worked well for their end of the bell curve. You might wan't to adjust upward a bit.

I'm 4' 10 1/2" and that is my current weight. I started eating primal over a month ago at 97 pounds. I lost four pounds the first week and all that did was flatten my belly. Every time I have stepped on the scale since then it has said 92 or 93. I am not skinny-fat. I do landscape work with my dad and can work circles around guys twice my size who play sports or go to the gym.

I used the 100lbs, add 5 pounds for every inch over 5' and that fits perfect.

Paleobird Guest
    OK. That does fit then. I just needed to know that you were not 5'8" and anorexic.

Not a problem, I have this weird weight paradox where if people guess how much I weigh, they routinely guess over 100, but if they pick me up they say I am heavier than I look. I think it's just hard for people in general to believe someone can weigh less than 100lbs and be healthy.

Now about those 21 carbs. It looks like that nixes my BAS for lunch.

Paleobird Guest
    Not a problem, I have this weird weight paradox where if people guess how much I weigh, they routinely guess over 100, but if they pick me up they say I am heavier than I look. I think it's just hard for people in general to believe someone can weigh less than 100lbs and be healthy.

Now about those 21 carbs. It looks like that nixes my BAS for lunch.
    We are counting net carbs here not total carbs so a lot of fibrous things in a BAS might not be so bad.

Do you have a good calculator for figuring that out?

Paleobird Guest
    Do you have a good calculator for figuring that out?
    Net carbs are just total carb grams minus the fiber grams. On SparkPeople they have a tracker that figures it for you automatically.

Thank you for the help Paleobird. Though my salad is, indeed, too big for ketosis.

I started a journal so I can keep track of things without hijacking your thread anymore.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65482.html

Caz1969 is offline Member
    Hi, I'm another one with night time seizures. First seizure was at age 35 and I'm seizure free thanks currently to keppra. I'll be following this thread with interest as I'm almost at the maximum dose (currently 3g per day). I too worry about the long term effects of this dose, but I'm only on day 3 of PB life, so I need to get through that adjustment before I consider dropping the dose.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast