Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Epilepsy Experiment. Anyone else have seizures? page 3

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Well, just an update. Two weeks in at 25% off one medication and doing great. Sleeping fine. No auras.
    I should probably not get ahead of myself and try to push this too far too fast. I should probably let my system get used to this level.

Anyone have any experience with coming off of meds, epilepsy or otherwise? Did you step down gradually or just toss the bottle?

Paleobird Guest
    Last night when I went to take my pills before bed I realized that I had completely forgotten to take them the night before. Yikes.

But here's the thing. Not only did I not have a seizure, I felt great!
    I was buzzing though the whole day yesterday with energy galore.

Maybe I've been medicated so long I don't remember what it's like to be normal.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    My son had his first seizure at 4. He didn't have another one until he reach about 17. My grand daughter had her's at 3 years old.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    My son had his first seizure at 4. He didn't have another one until he reach about 17. My grand daughter had her's at 3 years old.
    A lot of times when people's seizures start when they are that young they "grow out" of them when puberty hits. Do your relatives still have seizures. Are they on meds?

I'm hoping that, by passing the hormonal changes of menopause, I may have "grown out" of mine at least to a degree.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Well, just an update. Two weeks in at 25% off one medication and doing great. Sleeping fine. No auras.
    I should probably not get ahead of myself and try to push this too far too fast. I should probably let my system get used to this level.

Anyone have any experience with coming off of meds, epilepsy or otherwise? Did you step down gradually or just toss the bottle?
    When I weaned off the Topamax, my neurologist gave me a plan on reducing my dose and frequency over a month or so. He was on board with the neurofeedback (though skeptical). He even called me 2 weeks in to ask how I was feeling. I had an EEG after getting completely off them. No partial seizures since (knock on wood!!)!

snowkid03 is offline Junior Member
    if your children are autistic they have a higher chance of having (more seizures, or developing) seizures with the onset of puberty (not to be a pessimist or anything, i teach in a severely handicapped autism classroom)

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    I would wean off slowly---thats what I did. I actually worry that I could seize again with the onset of perimenopause...since mine started right around the beginning of my menstrual years! Hoping that is not the case and hoping just the possibility alone will help me stay on track dietarily speaking.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by avocadogirl View Post
    When I weaned off the Topamax, my neurologist gave me a plan on reducing my dose and frequency over a month or so. He was on board with the neurofeedback (though skeptical). He even called me 2 weeks in to ask how I was feeling. I had an EEG after getting completely off them. No partial seizures since (knock on wood!!)!
    That's so awesome to hear. I really don't like the mentality of here, take these pills for the rest of your life. Don't even think about alternative answers. When you are first having seizures you just want them to stop and so you will accept anything that gives you a good result. I'm so glad you found your solution.

Quote Originally Posted by snowkid03 View Post
    if your children are autistic they have a higher chance of having (more seizures, or developing) seizures with the onset of puberty (not to be a pessimist or anything, i teach in a severely handicapped autism classroom)
    Hello fellow San Diego person. I didn't realize that there was a connection between autism and epilepsy. Interesting. So, I take it you have to deal with a fair number of seizures in the kids you teach? BTW, you are a saint for doing that work. That is not easy.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by solstice View Post
    I would wean off slowly---thats what I did. I actually worry that I could seize again with the onset of perimenopause...since mine started right around the beginning of my menstrual years! Hoping that is not the case and hoping just the possibility alone will help me stay on track dietarily speaking.
    I never had one bit of menopause "symptoms" like hot flashes or anything. From what I'm reading around here, Primal women do seem to have an easier time of keeping the hormones on an even kilter. Hopefully that will make the transition easier when that time comes for you. Another good reason to stay Primal.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Both of them are on meds. My son has been seizure free for almost 8 months. My grand daughter's last seizure was about 3 months ago. I bought the book "Ketogenic Diets" for my daughter so she could look into put the grand daughter on the diet. But she is a really picky eater. My son is 30 years old. I've preached the diet to him, but he's not interested.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast