Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: My Epilepsy Experiment. Anyone else have seizures? page 14

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Yep, these are the correlations that it would be interesting to document.

Ryanmar333 is offline Junior Member
    Hi every one just found this thread well researching alternate method for seizure control as i have had two seizures this year, the first resulting in my death for a few minutes. When revived and taken to the hospital my heart was out of control and a cardioversion was preformed on me to restart my heart in its natural rhythm. all the standard test and scans were taken all coming back negative for epilepsy or other brain abnormality. The doc's thought it was a once in a life time event but recently as in a few weeks ago i woke up in the hospital again and still they persist that there is nothing wrong with me. The neurologist now wants me to take lamatical just in case...and that the only side affect i should worry about using this drug is a potentially lethal rash and slight memory loss...some thing which i would rather not experience for a prolonged period of time.

As for me i have been primal for over a year now and have lost over a 100lbs,actually dont think i have ever been this healthy. Both seizures happened with in one hour of waking, the first two days after a rather nasty oil burn on my hand and a little to much whisky to numb the pain. the second happened after a staff party in which i eat more then a few things a shouldn't have, drank a little more beer then usual and only a few hrs sleep between the party and work, all of which i know are bad even under normal situations ahah.

Now i am rather resistant (ok stubborn as the mountains outside my window actually haha) to the idea of taking drugs for anything i dont even like taking aspirin or Tylenol but i now have two doctors the neuro and my family doc saying i should get on the drugs "just in case" for the rest of forever. so that being said i was wondering if you think just cleaning up my act a little more and going keto would be idea or should i take the drugs for awhile as well and tighten up my act.

any input would be much appreciated
    Thanks

Paysan is online now Senior Member
    The 2nd last post in this thread was well over a year ago. Hope the original posters have more to add, as I have a near and dear relative who had her second seizure the end of Dec 2013. Her first one was 30 years ago as a toddler, accompanying a high fever. But she is also the only one of 6 siblings to ever have a seizure at any age.
    My input, FWIW, is try the meds. You can't get any worse results from meds than from waking up dead!;-)

Nellodee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanmar333 View Post
    Hi every one just found this thread well researching alternate method for seizure control as i have had two seizures this year, the first resulting in my death for a few minutes. When revived and taken to the hospital my heart was out of control and a cardioversion was preformed on me to restart my heart in its natural rhythm. all the standard test and scans were taken all coming back negative for epilepsy or other brain abnormality. The doc's thought it was a once in a life time event but recently as in a few weeks ago i woke up in the hospital again and still they persist that there is nothing wrong with me. The neurologist now wants me to take lamatical just in case...and that the only side affect i should worry about using this drug is a potentially lethal rash and slight memory loss...some thing which i would rather not experience for a prolonged period of time.

As for me i have been primal for over a year now and have lost over a 100lbs,actually dont think i have ever been this healthy. Both seizures happened with in one hour of waking, the first two days after a rather nasty oil burn on my hand and a little to much whisky to numb the pain. the second happened after a staff party in which i eat more then a few things a shouldn't have, drank a little more beer then usual and only a few hrs sleep between the party and work, all of which i know are bad even under normal situations ahah.

Now i am rather resistant (ok stubborn as the mountains outside my window actually haha) to the idea of taking drugs for anything i dont even like taking aspirin or Tylenol but i now have two doctors the neuro and my family doc saying i should get on the drugs "just in case" for the rest of forever. so that being said i was wondering if you think just cleaning up my act a little more and going keto would be idea or should i take the drugs for awhile as well and tighten up my act.

any input would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Lack of sleep and alcohol both lower the seizure threshold, but that sort of thing doesn't often happen unless something else is wrong. Have you been taking any recreational drugs? (I know, probably not.)

I definitely would follow the advice of the doctors. Seizures are scary, and I've had dozens. Pretty sure the seizures affected me worse than the the medications (once I found a good one). Other people here may disagree, especially considering they don't think you have epilepsy. The medications can be scary I know. If you have problems with the lamictal you can always switch to something else at least. If it keeps us free of seizures though it definitely seems worthwhile.

If you do quit the medication, don't do anything dangerous for a while. Like drive.
    token vegetarian

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314