Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coconut milk page 2

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, I'll check out some of the brands you mentioned. putting it in coffee sounds good.
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    If you read the packaging of that gallon of "Pure Coconut" or whatever they're called, it says, "Coconut Beverage" - not Coconut Milk! This is because, as others have mentioned, this is coconut milk mixed with water and synthetic vitamins.

KasseyK is offline Junior Member
    I'm allergic to dairy and I drink coconut milk, it doesn't have that much more sugar in it (some info about coconut milk calories) and it has many benefits. I also make coconut milk kefir, it tastes really good.
    Last edited by KasseyK; 08-27-2013 at 12:41 PM.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    I use Arroy-D in BP free cartons. LOVE it. I buy it in bulk off of Amazon.com but you have to weed through the sellers to find the best deal. I can't find it here on the shelves in the Milwaukee, WI area.

I make white rice for the family from time to time and always sub most of the water with the coconut milk. Normally I don't tell them so they don't freak out (especially my husband who is on a statin). I use it in stews (at the end), marinades (ribs!), baked goods, stir fry and in my morning coffee... use a small immersion blender and it really emulsifies well. I haven't gotten to the point where I just drink it straight but that is a hold-over from my eating disorder years and calorie counting that I just can't seem to shake.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The half-gallons are a drink made to replace milk I believe. It does not taste like coconut to me and I use it everyday in coffee. I like it. The awesome thick stuff in the can is what I cook with and don't see why you couldn't thin it into a drink. You can also get coconut creme in a can(awesome stuff). I think the ready made drink may be fortified.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12