Thread: Question about fat intake page

Question about fat intake

Primal Fuel
    I have been doing this awhile. Question is what should my fat percentage be now? What's more important protein or fat? I average around 1900 calories. Around 110 to 130 grams of fat. 120 + grams of protein and usually under 30 carbs. I'm 6"2 225 pounds. Should I up the protein and lower the fat? Any suggestions would be great thanks
    Started at 307 regular diet and exercise went to 285 and stalled. Went primal and went to 227! I always was a brutish caveman now I eat like one!
    Goal weight.....?

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nora Gedgaudas, Primal Body-Primal Mind | Beyond The Paleo Diet, is of the opinion that protein intake should be limited to bout 6-8 oz of meat per day (which is tough for me to follow) will better regulate mTor (Mammalian target of rapamycin)

Mtor | Primal Body Primal Mind Diet and Nutrition
    YOUR MOST EMPOWERING TAKE-AWAY MESSAGE HERE:

It may well turn out that the principles outlined in my book, Primal Body, Primal Mind are the best possible guidelines for supporting a cancer-free life (cancer being the most frightening consequence of radiation element exposure) in existence. There are four primary things to consider where any risk of cancer is concerned: The #1 most necessary substance in order for cancer to take a foot-hold in anyone is sugar (in any form or guise). Sugar is cancer’s primary and nearly sole source of fuel. The more carb-free you are the less welcome cancer will ever be in your body. The next key to a cancer-free existence is low insulin levels. Stimulating insulin through excess (particularly) carbohydrate intake also stimulates cellular proliferation. If you happen to have DNA damage or mutation happening then cellular proliferation is decidedly NOT a good thing. That’s what cancer growth is all about.

You may also recall the part in my book about mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin). Eating but not exceeding sufficient protein intake per day (0.8 grams of protein per kg of ideal body weight and no more than 25 grams of actual protein in a meal) helps not only keep mTOR and cellular proliferation from activating but by keeping mTOR suppressed this has the effect of enhancing DNA repair! –The best of both worlds. Also, keep in mind that a significant percentage of protein consumed that is in excess of what you actually need for your daily maintenance and repair will convert to sugar and get used exactly the same way. This is why the modified caloric restriction I talk about in my book has such longevity enhancing effects and why cancer is so non-existent in these subjects.

Making natural fats and anti-inflammatory EFA’s the primary source of fuel in the diet and establishing a dependence on ketones (instead of glucose) as a primary source of fuel provides steady energy for virtually every single cell in our body and brain—and furthermore, cancer cells cannot make use of ketones for fuel. A ketogenic diet is literally a cancer-starving diet. In addition, natural fats feed the lymphatic system and strengthen the immune system. Fat is where it’s at!

Wiki: Mammalian target of rapamycin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?