Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: help me cut calories page 2

girl8351 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok, I'm gonna chew on that for a while. So to speak. Tons of it is boredom. Thanks.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I can easily eat 3/4 lb of fish or beef. However, I'm just as sated on 3/4 lb of 95% lean ground beef as I am on 85% lean, so I opt for the 95%.

Also, I don't like cups for measuring dry ingredients. (X cups of shredded cheese). Not precise due to each individual packing the cup differently. A food scale is better.

Looks like you're eating pretty healthily. Maybe nix the choc covered nuts (or decrease frequency) and wine. Both are fairly unnecessary to good health, unless getting rid of them would diminish the quality of your life - and that's important.

I was wondering if you're maybe double counting your butter. I see 1/2 T butter as your first item in both charts, then fried eggs. It looks like the tracker is counting a fat in the fried eggs since a large egg averages 70 calories. So if you are counting butter as to what you fry in, and they are counting it because you chose "fried" as your option, it may be getting counted twice.

Also remember, when you are within 10 pounds of your goal weight, the difference in maintaining your current weight and maintaining your goal weight is so small that the pounds really do come off more slowly. You'll get there.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The good news is that it is no hard guess-work in what you need to do to curb your hunger and start losing fat... the bad news is that it's exactly what you don't want to let go off, the pleasure foods. Chocolate, fruit, wine and cheese. Good news is that if you cut it out without cheating yourself, you will likely notice your appetite drop rapidly and dramatically. Just don't try to replace one suit of pleasure foods with another. I have played that game for far too long.
    Last edited by Leida; 08-13-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    What Leida said.
    unless you choose to be more physically active on a regular basis.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Another vote here on small walks. I find myself being able to feel really full even after a 3 mile walk.

I think if you really had to, try get your eating more clean. There seems to be a lot of dairy (which is insulin-spiking, which can cause you to overeat), and getting rid of the chocolate covered almonds will help, too. 400 calories of beef is definitely more filling than 800 calories of choc covered almonds and cream.

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    3/4lb of meat is nothing crazy. I'd love to see you getting more calories from meat and non-starchy carbs instead of cream, alcohol, cheese, etc. 400 calories of cream goes down really quickly without satisfying you. Try downing 400 calories of broccoli and see if you still have room left over for much else.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Alcohol and dairy are notorious for stopping weight loss, even if the # of calories is correct.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girl8351 View Post
    I'm a 5'3" sedentary woman, currently 135 lbs, want to get down to a size 6, on my last 10 pounds now.
    This! If you want that last bit to go and your health to skyrocket start following the fitness the PB fitness guidelines, move a lot, sprint, lift heavy things and play.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Alcohol and dairy are notorious for stopping weight loss, even if the # of calories is correct.
    Not sure about dairy as i consume sparingly but I agree on the alcohol, I tried to be a smart ass and control for calorie intake while still drinking wine....let's just say I stayed at the same weight for a while. Ditch the wine or limit to once every two weeks. Trust me I know how hard it is as I am a big wine with dinner for unwinding type drinker but u get used to it

denise is offline Senior Member
    just my thought, but for your height, (in)activity level and weight, looking to drop your "last 10lbs" - it looks to me like you practically won the lottery being able to consume 2400 calories a day!!!! Maybe, whatever the macros/content, there is just a bit too much food in there daily for dropping weight?

BUT in direct response, either simply eat a few less calories of everything (great suggestions above) and maintain your comfort level OR - go for a walk every day??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast