Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When was the last time you were ill? page

Dirlot is offline Senior Member

When was the last time you were ill?

I have always been pretty healthy, haven't missed a day of work in years but would still get an occasional cold 2 or 3 times a year. Since going primal back in October I have not been ill at all. It may be law of averages but who knows.
    Do find you are ill less on primal? When was the last time you were ill?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    We never get sick! We never die! I just turned 500 and I'm still a baby!

Seriously, maybe once last year, and it was basically the sniffles. I do get a barf now and then if I eat something too rotten.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I got a cold early this Spring, and aside from various digestive issues, have been bug-free since starting Primal over a year ago, I think.

Prior to that, it was usually once or twice a year with an intense cold. Even as a kid, I didn't get the flu that often, maybe every other season.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    I used to get sick pretty regularly when I worked in hotels - lots of exposure to lots of people and then when one desk clerk got sick, it would rapidly spread through the entire front desk staff since we all used the same computers, pens, etc. I started going primal in February and up until about two weeks ago, when I backslid with a couple of sandwiches and (gasp!) McDonalds, I hadn't even had an asthma attack. I don't think it's any coincidence that after I ate wheat products about four or five times over the course of two weeks I had an asthma attack the other night.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I've had one minor cold or and 2 incidences of a sore throat that didn't amount to much and one bout of a stomach bug since January. My worst illness was a UTI AND an ear infection at the same time in December, I needed 2 rounds of antibiotics to get rid of the damned UTI and don't remember the last time I had one of those.

Before that, the last time I needed antibiotics was in 2006 at the end of a trip to China, came down with a nasty stomach bug.

Of course I didn't get sick that much before primal, but I find just exercise helps one stay healthy. I did tai chi and some chi gung for over 10 years and rarely got sick during that time. I've kind of slacked off with that since my master moved his school to a location that was not as convenient for me and I stopped my classes.
    Last edited by Lynna; 08-13-2012 at 09:30 AM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Last time I was actually sick (not "I hate my job and didn't get enough sleep so fuck it" or "ugh, I shouldn't have eaten that") was probably a good 7 or 8 months ago, and that was a low grade sinus infection.
    Prior to Primal, I'd catch the worst version of every little bug that floated by (except the flu, which I seem to be immune to.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    The last time I was sick was a few weeks after switching to primal. Got some kind of nasty flu, fever, sore throat, the works. Prior to that I was vegan for 12 years and cannot remember the last time I caught a cold or flu.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Last time I was actually sick (not "I hate my job and didn't get enough sleep so fuck it" or "ugh, I shouldn't have eaten that")
    LMAO same here. Since I've started Primal, I've never been really sick except for those reasons or the carb flu. Which is almost a year

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Last time I got really sick was more then 4 years ago. I have a 5 year old and a 10 month old and we rarely see the colds or illness that seem to circulate through our friend's houses. I got rid of my allergies and am able to sleep with the windows open. Nothing better then sleeping with the windows open.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was sick once this spring with a mild cold. It was my first in over 2 years. I've only been primal about three months. I stopped catching most of the office bugs after I started vitamin D supplements about 4 years ago. It was a very noticeable and immediate effect.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast