Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: When was the last time you were ill? page 5

Shop Now
    Look, I'll be honest with you here, people with winning attitudes don't get sick.

If you're gonna go around worrying about germs, then you'll get sick, because the germs are in your head, man!

Me? When was the last time I gave a thought to germs? Never, as far as I know they don't even exist.

You gotta put your body out there to do battle, and if you're not doing battle then you're gonna get sick because you're in a defensive position.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Dado - sorry but I so disagree with you. I am a really positive person, with an extremely winning attitude, but I was so getting sick all the time. Ended up in hospital a number of times...... and I stayed positive through out the whole thing, however the doctors were not making me better, so I did my own research and after a very long and involved journey - ended up doing the primal thing. I cannot believe how unwell I was....but now am really well with the same positive winning attitude.
    anyway not actually being negetive here, just disagreeing

"never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    Look, I'll be honest with you here, people with winning attitudes don't get sick.

If you're gonna go around worrying about germs, then you'll get sick, because the germs are in your head, man!

Me? When was the last time I gave a thought to germs? Never, as far as I know they don't even exist.

You gotta put your body out there to do battle, and if you're not doing battle then you're gonna get sick because you're in a defensive position.
    Errrm I am the sort of person who worries about germs... not at all. I laugh like crazy at those ads on TV for antibacterial things that "kill99.9% of germs!!" and I would never dream of sterilising everything in sight. I think it's stupid and shortsighted. I'm the only parent in my kids' class who wouldn't let her kids use that awful hand sanitizer stuff, because I think that its normal for kids to carry around a few germs and it actually strengthens their immune systems. (I'm not saying neglect normal hygiene... but regular soap and water is sufficient, you know).

But yes, even I succumb to the humble cold on occasion .

yea whatever

what you need to take away is that a positive mental attitude goes a long way toward defeating disease.

now you're telling me you're a positive person, yea, you might think you are, but you're not, not if you're going to the hospital like that.

you have to be honest with YOURSELF, this is the first step.

Wow I so don't agree with you, Dado, in fact I can almost feel the negetive vibes that you are sending.
    Yes a positive mental attitude can help with all sorts of mental, physical and spiritual issues, but its not going to always DEFEAT disease - in my opinion.
    I hate to think how sick I would have been if I had been negetive throughout my illnesses.
    Sometimes people just get sick. No rhyme, no reason....however they fight it with all sorts of tools including a positive attitude. Sometimes they get better, sometimes they don't !

...small steps....

I can feel the love Dado - good luck with your POSITIVE attitude.

...small steps....

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I think thinking negatively about illness can make you sick, but not in some mystical sense, just because you are stressing yourself out about sickness and weakening your immune system response as a result. I know of someone who used to get sick, without fail, every year during September. Their doctor explained to them that in anticipation of an illness, they were making themselves sick, and they stopped worrying about it, and stopped getting sick!

A positive attitude probably isn't going to hurt any, and living stress-free is important anyways.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    I usually believe in "mind over matter" when it comes to being sick because my hypochondriac father and sister always freak out when they get sick, and I swear their ailment lasts 2-3 times as long as it needs to! I don't over-medicate either; in fact, the only time I take any kind of cold/flu medicine or ibuprofen is if I have a fever. I don't gulp NyQuil just because I have the sniffles like my aforementioned family members do!

In the barely-once-a-year occasion where I have some kind of cold, I just go through it with lots of hydration, a good night's sleep, and tons of nutrient-dense stuff like colorful veggies and tea. I don't make it a big deal and, lo and behold, it's gone in half a week!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

I have a gorgeous friend, who I so hope is not part of this forum.......and she has stressed her whole married life about a clean house. Her children were often the only ones sick AND are always sick still ( all in their 20s). We have so got to be exposed to everyday germs, within reason LOL

...small steps....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345