Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time you were ill? page 4

Primal Fuel
    I think, we have to note, that there is a quality in some people that doesn't allow them to dwell on petty ailments, so that they will go through some condition without even recognizing it as a problem while a different person might report this as being sick.

Luce is offline Senior Member
    I had unknown cause hepatitis weeks ago -spinach were involved- but my liver got back on track and my kidney wasn't in stress for long (I couldn't deal with loosing it, really). Sometimes if I eat vegetables and fiber my colon just stops moving and that ends up in a nasty situation, I just cut the veggie part and try my best to stay clean.

Everybody around here is going down to some virus or the other (air conditioning, terrible heat outside, and heavens not yielding a drop of rain no matter what) but I've been clean of it. Some soreness which lasts an hour or two and no GI symptoms.

That's cool for a lady on immune suppressant drugs uh? I've been antibiotic free for a long time now and plan to stay like this as long as I can.

Luce
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    I have not missed a day of work in the last 5 years (eating paleo/primal for the last 2 years) which I think is pretty amazing since I teach and have ample opportunity to catch something. The best part is that my seasonal allergies have completely disappeared in the last 2 years.

Pollyanna12 is offline Member
    I'm hardly ever ill, physically, and haven't had so much as a cold for three years, so I can't honestly say that being Paleo has made much of a difference. I do feel healthier though. Mentally, it's a different story, and I've been on anti-depressants for some years. I'm almost fully weaned off them though now, and feeling great. (Paleo since May)

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    In February, but I'm pretty sure it's because I slept on a couch where a sick person had been sitting/sleeping a few days before. It was one of those "go to bed feeling fine, wake up with a ridiculously sore throat" things. I generally have a pretty good immune system -- though I try not to tempt fate. Sharing utensils/dishes/food with someone who's sick will probably make me sick, but just being around sick people I'm usually fine.
    Also, I'm pretty sure I'm naturally immune to strep throat, which is kind of awesome. My sister had it probably a dozen times growing up, I've had roommates who've had it, and never gotten it.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    I had a mild cold for like 5 days at the beginning of the month, before that I can't remember. I don't really get ill.

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    Last week. It has to be the crowded, festering public bus lines I have to take to work every day. It sucks... I try to be careful to wash my hands, but usually I snag something once a year to the tune of at least a small cold. My brother did come back from Europe and got sick a few weeks ago. That could have very well been what I caught, which I suppose is unavoidable.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    In the past 3 years, since I started taking mega doses of Vit D, the only time I've gotten sick was when I lowered the dose per Dr's. orders. Figures :P

TrPAssasin is offline Member
    Everyone I know is always getting sick. I haven't been sick in almost 2 years. I was feeling a bit under the weather earlier this year and took some time off work to make sure I didn't actually get sick. Now, I have all this sick-leave...

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Ugh... I have a cold. It's not a bad cold. It's just a cold. This is pretty much as bad as it gets for me.

I was talking to some friends a couple of hours ago, and one of my friends has this bet with me that I can't get to my goal weight within 18 months (errm I've got 16.7kg to lose, so 18 months is AMPLE) anyways, she's convinced I'll be sickly and thin at this weight (LOL I have been there before and no one ever accused me of being skinny, but I digress) so she said she'd make sure I go to a doctor to confirm I'm healthy, and she asked me who my doctor is. I said "no one" and she sort of gaped at me a bit. I'm like "well... errm... I've never had any reason to go to one!" and I guess she was sort of shocked/horrified that at the ripe old age of 39 I'd never needed to see a doctor!

But all that being said... my goal is to get so healthy that I just don't GET these stupid colds (I probably wouldn't except I've got kids who are around other kids and who bring god knows what home with them...). That is all.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast