Thread: Starting August 13, 2012 - Grok wannabe reborn! page

Ryano is offline Junior Member

Starting August 13, 2012 - Grok wannabe reborn!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm Ryan. Just turned 26 2 days ago and in the worst shape of my life at 5' 11" 230lbs. I have the problem where I start doing something and then don't stick to it. Darn you ADD. I thought maybe if I started a journal I would stick with the lifestyle change this time and go full Grok mode. I also hope that by putting a date on this thing like so few do that we can get a group of people all starting either this week or within the next couple weeks and all go through it together. If there is another section for that I could not find it.

I can barely job a half mile without slowing down to walk, have never done a pull up without one leg on a chair and weigh the most I'v ever weighed before.

I tried to transfer to the primal lifestyle about 2 years ago and was successful for ohhh I don't know 3 months? Then I went on 2 months travel for work and it all went to crap.

I have had sinus problems for the last 5 years or so and had attributed it to mold and have gone through tons of different allergy meds to no avail. I then read that there is a such thing as a dairy allergy that isn't just the sick to your stomach that comes with lactose intolerance so I'm hoping to alleviate that too.

To give me more motivation this time around I signed up for Tough Mudder in June 2013 and want to be in good shape by then. I enjoy getting outside and doing different things like these obstacles would make me do. I just put my slackline back up and am hopefully buying a trampoline very soon so I can add some workout to my "Play".

The first step is cleaning out the pantry right? Well I did that yesterday after finishing off the birthday brownies my friends made for me. I got my mom to make me a big pot of chili with no beans and bought a big bag of almonds for snacking.

One of the big victories I had in preparation for this day was getting work to buy me a sit stand desk so i don't have to sit down all day. Here's a link if anyone else wants to get one. It just clamps to your desk and was an excellent fit for my cubicle. Ergotron 24-272-026 WorkFit-A, Dual Monitor Computer Stand Up Desk Mount Workstation

I was into barefoot running before and was up to week 8 in the C25k running plan but I haven't run in about 7 months and after trying it last week I'd say I'm down to about week 4 again. It's amazing how fast you lose running ability.

Anyone else starting this week?
    Last edited by Ryano; 08-13-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    "It is your responsibility to control the outcome"
    "In our society, people respect weight loss. Even if you do nothing cool or interesting or memorable for the rest of your life, you'll have done that."
    "Is a brief moment on the lips, worth a long time on the hips?"